Keep breaking my upper suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willrobin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I keep breaking my upper suspension mount without even crashing any suggestions on why and does the aluminum durango truggy one fit thanks for any help

Which Arrma?Got a picture?
Arrma talion let me try to take a pick thank u

Arrma talion

Now trying to figure out how to send it through this site lol

Cant seem to send it but its the skinny mount that connects upper arms to the red metal plate and locks them in place first 8 months no breaks last 40 days 3 breaks

What has your weather been like? The last 40 days around here have been pretty damn cold. In my experience, Arrma's plastic isn't near as durable around and below freezing.

image.jpeg
This piece?

Its on a Kraton,but i believe there the same in the front end.The plastic version is sitting on the aluminum brace.I also copied the red piece on to carbon fiber and used a Dex8 aluminum front suspension holder( some mods required).

Maybe your hinge pin is bent causing the breakage?
Tower hobbies part number:TDRC8309 Team Durango upper suspension hanger & insert set.What you have to do to make it work:The Durango hanger doesn't work like the arrma version.It uses inserts and is captive from the other end which wont't work on the stock setup.Easy mod,requires two plastic spacers and two 4mm locknuts that fit your stock pivot bolt.For spacers i used quad blade adapters,i believe are 10mm od x4mm id.I used my vise to press in on one side and the nut just sets in the other end( the red bracket keeps the nut from falling out till you start the bolt).In the above photo you can see i also use the blade adapters to take up the extra slack.This system took out alot of front suspension slop/twist and with the shocks disconected i can tighten the suspension bolt now threaded into a metal locknut and its stays set!

Maybe your hinge pin is bent causing the breakage?
Tower hobbies part number:TDRC8309 Team Durango upper suspension hanger & insert set.What you have to do to make it work:The Durango hanger doesn't work like the arrma version.It uses inserts and is captive from the other end which wont't work on the stock setup.Easy mod,requires two plastic spacers and two 4mm locknuts that fit your stock pivot bolt.For spacers i used quad blade adapters,i believe are 10mm od x4mm id.I used my vise to press in on one side and the nut just sets in the other end( the red bracket keeps the nut from falling out till you start the bolt).In the above photo you can see i also use the blade adapters to take up the extra slack.This system took out alot of front suspension slop/twist and with the shocks disconected i can tighten the suspension bolt now threaded into a metal locknut and its stays set!
Thank u

IMAG0528.jpg
IMAG0530.jpg
I also had this happen to my typhon,but it also broke the back of my front differential housing case..so basically both supports for suspension arm. It happened on a track and I don't think I was bashing it hard enough for this major breakage to happen,but it was cold.

Aw man well i boiled mine it hasnt broken again so im gonna say its working

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back