Senton keep the dirt out...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolideas

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
hey everyone. here is what I am currently running on my senton to keep the dirt out. I have tried wheel well guards and a dust cover also. and every combination of the two and they helped but I wasnt impressed by chance I got a Typhon body at my local hobby shop. I figured I could use it in place of the senton body if things were going to get too dirty...
but then I figured why not run it under the senton body? well so far I love it!! it seemed a little hot for my taste so I added a 50mm cooling fan to draw in cool air. I am going to try that today..

the fender wells and dust cover I made.. I will put pictures of the car,fenders,dust cover and show everything I have done to keep it running strong and cool...
WIN_20210601_09_35_45_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210601_09_36_05_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210601_09_36_22_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210601_09_38_28_Pro.jpg

thanks. I have a thermal camera I have been using and hopefully I can get the darn pictures loaded onto this computer today.

I used a wave maker durag and Velcro to make a dirt/dust cover. Also added a piece of styrene sheet on the motor side to keep the cover off the fans. Don't mind my messy bench. It's been crazy around here. LoL!
9024082B-7D1B-42F7-A099-E3B1A38DDC4C.jpeg
91F167A0-CDCD-4C43-85AD-15B67130EA7E.jpeg

Haven't ran it to find out how good it works yet. Batteries should be here tomorrow. Also did some Velcro under the power module to keep any rouge dirt from getting into the spur/pinion.
A5D26C75-4321-4C5B-9FAA-6188C3C6F777.jpeg

This is my first step outside of the crawler world. Can't wait to get out and blast this thing around!!!

hey everyone. here is what I am currently running on my senton to keep the dirt out. I have tried wheel well guards and a dust cover also. and every combination of the two and they helped but I wasnt impressed by chance I got a Typhon body at my local hobby shop. I figured I could use it in place of the senton body if things were going to get too dirty...
but then I figured why not run it under the senton body? well so far I love it!! it seemed a little hot for my taste so I added a 50mm cooling fan to draw in cool air. I am going to try that today..

the fender wells and dust cover I made.. I will put pictures of the car,fenders,dust cover and show everything I have done to keep it running strong and cool...View attachment 149513View attachment 149514View attachment 149515View attachment 149516
I use the Scorched fenders

the fender wells and dust cover I made.. I will put pictures of the car,fenders,dust cover and show everything I have done to keep it running strong and cool...View attachment 149513View attachment 149514View attachment 149515View attachment 149516
I use the Scorched fenders. Works pretty well and beause it blocks alot of air, i did something similar with fans on body. Used 2, front draws and rear exhausts right over fan

Ditch the short course body altogether. It parachutes and collects dirt. Use the Typhon body or get Big Rock body mounts and body.

Hi. after installing the typhon body parachuting is gone. Ive been running it for weeks and am amazed that it changed that aspect so dramatically. I just added the fan for additional cooling. because I enjoy the short course body the most I will stick with it. but thank you.

Hi. after installing the typhon body parachuting is gone. Ive been running it for weeks and am amazed that it changed that aspect so dramatically. I just added the fan for additional cooling. because I enjoy the short course body the most I will stick with it. but thank you.
Do you have same pictures when the 2 body's are mounted? Do you need to modify de typhon body to fit underneath the senton body. I am also looking for a solid way to keep the dirt out. Now iam using a dust motor cover but not a 100% satisfied.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back