Kraton Keep the front end down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLELITE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
What’s the best diff oil combo so as to keep from the front end down on the kraton....I don’t have a wheelie bar,,,don’t really want one. Or at least so it doesn’t rise easily. Thanks guys.

first thing you can try is lowering the ESC punch setting from 4. Check manual page 28 for instructions.

default is 4. Try two and see how it feels. Only way to know will be to try. It doesn't take much to change it on the fly to test.

Step it up a few teeth on the pinion gear, two, possibly three

Lift the rear by adjusting the shock collar, and sink a little the front. The truck will look as if its bottom out, but when driving it will line up and give some slack to the suspension. The cool thing is it will lift the front end more on the top end which makes it look real cool, instead of the usual from the hole. If I want more in the bottom end then I usually look for bumps, branches to give it that bump

make the suspension more plush, step it down one or two numbers in shock oil

Lighter diff oil in the center to transfer the power to the front a little more

Smaller diameter tires

Go down one cell count

Last resort, add some weights, you can buy small sticky plates used to balance airplanes at the local hobby shop.

2018 Arrma diff fluids weights are (Front/Center/Rear):

Kraton: 10,000/10,000/10,000cst - I've just changed fluids to 50/100/7k
Talion 10,000/100,000/10,000cst - I'm going to change to 50/100-200?/7k
Outcast: 10,000/100,000/10,000cst
Typhon: 7,000/10,000/7,000cst
Senton: 7,000/10,000/7,000cst

Wheelie bars add weight and any weight added to the rear, will only make the front end lift even easier. I would "not" go thinner diff fluid in center (as it's only 10k). Could try a lower "punch" setting, but already it's at only 4 (could try 2 I guess?) I do agree with nulli, the most important thing is "trigger control". Try 80-90% throttle off the line instead of 100% right away.

I gather you must be using 6S? What battery(s) are you using? Is your C rating (burst) extremely high (over 100)? Are you running the BACKFLIPS, as they have a lot more traction than the stock Minokawa tires? Are you running on pavement? My Kraton (on 6S) lifts the front tires quite easily when on any hard surfaces (pavement, grass, hard pack) , but when in loose dirt/gravel, etc, the front end stays down much easier and tires just spin like crazy, always fighting for traction, regardless of speed. Having so much power to lift the front end I think is cool. Again, just use "trigger control" to keep your Kraton somewhat in control...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back