Keeping all 4 tires on the ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackhammer

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hello,

I've included a pic of what my Typhon 6s does while cornering. All suspension is stock configuration, with the exception of no camber. What can I do to keep this from happening? I'm assuming that this is body roll, and the rear sway bar is bringing the inside tire up? Am I correct in this?

Thanks

Screenshot_20200911-131337__01.jpg

Maybe stiffer springs and/or heavier shock oil and/or lowering ride height by adjusting shock pisitions.
At least that's what I'd try. I haven't been driving onroad for a while...

But maybe some experts can give an answer

Edit:
If you look at the Arrma onroad cars, maybe you can adjust the typhon like those cars

Without changing spring rate, you can try moving the shocks outboard on the towers... I think that's about it but maybe some race oriented guys have a better idea.

Hello,

I've included a pic of what my Typhon 6s does while cornering. All suspension is stock configuration, with the exception of no camber. What can I do to keep this from happening? I'm assuming that this is body roll, and the rear sway bar is bringing the inside tire up? Am I correct in this?

Thanks

View attachment 99381
What wheels are those? From this shot, they look a bit like Proline Avengers... if so, that is a whole lot of grip! Turn slower :LOL:

But really, this is called "lift off oversteer" in 1:1 cars. Happens when you decelerate too quickly going into a turn, as the weight begins to transfer to the front of the vehicle. I'd suggest adding more preload to the front shocks, this may help to reduce this effect.

Last edited:
What wheels are those? From this shot, they look a bit like Proline Avengers... if so, that is a whole lot of grip! Turn slower :LOL:

But really, this is called "lift off oversteer" in 1:1 cars. Happens when you decelerate too quickly going into a turn, as the weight begins to transfer to the front of the vehicle. I'd suggest adding more preload to the front shocks, this may help to reduce this effect.

That's exactly what they are, great eye regarding such a crappy picture. And yes, they are incredibly grippy. I bought them because I wanted a street tire, but I didn't know they were made of glue. I will try the front preload suggestion.

As an after thought, the front shocks have 100w oil in them but the back are stock (no one has losi shock oil in stock, so only had enough for front). Could that be adding to the lift off oversteer?

That's exactly what they are, great eye regarding such a crappy picture. And yes, they are incredibly grippy. I bought them because I wanted a street tire, but I didn't know they were made of glue. I will try the front preload suggestion.

As an after thought, the front shocks have 100w oil in them but the back are stock (no one has losi shock oil in stock, so only had enough for front). Could that be adding to the lift off oversteer?
"... made of glue." This is exactly how I reacted when I used my pair for the first time!

The shock oil is something I haven't dove too deeply in to... BUT that could absolutely play a role in what you're experiencing here. My rigs still have stock oil (or what's left), as I am too busy to head over to my LHS to get some and can't find any in stock online either. Can't say I've been looking too hard though lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back