Kraton Keeping the snow out kraton(18"x18" outerwears sheet) need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all, I bought some Pro-Line paddles for when it snows for my kraton, I then bought an 18x18 inch outerwears sheet because I noticed that I cannot find one for the kraton, it cost me $20 and I was wondering your guys advice for the best method how I attach it? Its tough, maybe velcro? I have to custom cut it, the idea was to try to keep the snow out and most of the spray because the snow just makes a mess on the inside, idk if I got myself into a $20 blunder that I just wasted money or, I mean I was thinking of cutting a square in the middle for the big center roll cage as a place for the fan to breathe, but how else would I attach it to the chassis?

Any ideas would be much appreciated, this is more of a discussion of ideas, I am stuck.

Thanks
-Spence

Hi all, I bought some Pro-Line paddles for when it snows for my kraton, I then bought an 18x18 inch outerwears sheet because I noticed that I cannot find one for the kraton, it cost me $20 and I was wondering your guys advice for the best method how I attach it? Its tough, maybe velcro? I have to custom cut it, the idea was to try to keep the snow out and most of the spray because the snow just makes a mess on the inside, idk if I got myself into a $20 blunder that I just wasted money or, I mean I was thinking of cutting a square in the middle for the big center roll cage as a place for the fan to breathe, but how else would I attach it to the chassis?

Any ideas would be much appreciated, this is more of a discussion of ideas, I am stuck.

Thanks
-Spence

Get some sticky back Velcro strips and use them - just like the Dusty Motors cover.

Get some sticky back Velcro strips and use them - just like the Dusty Motors cover.
My question really is what to do about the big center roll bar? Go over it or cut out a square in the base and bolt it over and leave a kind of chimney where snow can get in? I was trying to keep the snow out...

Should I just like put some foam over the top there where I would just put the outerwears material over the top so I don't get the outerwears material scraping between the roll cage and the body? Or maybe a square hole the size of the base of the rollbar and then wrap the base of it with a velcroed piece of outerwears?

My question really is what to do about the big center roll bar? Go over it or cut out a square in the base and bolt it over and leave a kind of chimney where snow can get in? I was trying to keep the snow out...

Should I just like put some foam over the top there where I would just put the outerwears material over the top so I don't get the outerwears material scraping between the roll cage and the body? Or maybe a square hole the size of the base of the rollbar and then wrap the base of it with a velcroed piece of outerwears?

I'd go over it and mAmes it baggy enough so it doesn't rub on the tower too much

Alright guys this is what I did I ended up cutting it to fit over the center roll bar as I just couldn't see it working it's all velcroed in place mostly I still have a tad bit of work to do it isn't perfect but it's cool I may do my best to get it to wrap around the center rollcage...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 98
Alright guys this is what I did I ended up cutting it to fit over the center roll bar as I just couldn't see it working it's all velcroed in place mostly I still have a tad bit of work to do it isn't perfect but it's cool I may do my best to get it to wrap around the center rollcage...

On my dustymotors shroud cover i cut 4 holes to fit if you remove the top part of the tower put the cover there and then put the top back...worked really great and holes don't get bigger by time.

That's a good idea, I've been battling the debris that gets in mine. I put the outcast sides on my kraton and it has helped, But I can't find those front dirt gaurds for the outcast. Out of stock everywhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back