Keeps cutting power on new granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyattroa

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Not sure what to do here. I bought my sons a granite to run around the local field and baseball field. We are using 3 2 cell lipos and also the battery that was included with the truck for my younger guy. Before I start, I will say when changing between the lips and the stock battery, I change the pin settings on the ESC. Now that thats out of the way, the truck will just cut power and the esc will just blink red. I thought at first it was the Lipo batteries, but I confirmed they had enough juice in each cell. Each battery was at the 3.96 per cell when the power cuts out on the Granite. The same thing was happening on the stock battery too. I doubt this thing is over heating as its only in the low 50's here. Not sure what else to look at. This truck has literally only seen 5 battery packs since it was bought on Thursday. Not sure what to do at this point.

I called our Local HobbyTown USA and they told me the truck is going into thermal protection since I tried running two packs back to back. I asked if this was normal and she said this is normal for this brand. Is this really true? Can the truck not handle two packs in a row in 50 degree weather? I have never experienced this with associated, HPI, or traxxas.

I do not know what the esc or motor temp was. I tried putting another battery through it and it worked fine. Let it sit for 10 minutes until the next battery and then it worked fine again. I am just not used to having to wait between packs. I have always been able to just plug them in and go with my savage flux and revo

@wyattroa I would really recommend getting an infrared temp gun so you can monitor your temps for sure. Then start paying attention to them and make changes to the truck as needed. Depending on your terrain and driving style something as simple as a gear change will do the trick.

I've never had to wait 10 minutes between packs when I run my RC's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back