Ken Block has died.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still can't wrap my brain around "a snowmobile" doing him in....!!??
I've never been on one. So I have no clue how heavy or how fast these things can be. But they can't be any more weighted than a motorcycle ,right?
A friend of mine has a sled that’s almost 150mph now. Even some new ones (basically stock) are hitting in the 130’s. Slightly modded, they can be much faster than that. Heavily modded, pushing 200mph. They are no joke. Don’t know what kind of sled Block was on, but I’ll bet it wasn’t slow. I just heard of his passing this morning. Sucks to hear it. Sorry for his family especially, his wife and kids just lost one hell of a guy.

RIP 😢
Idris Elba GIF by The Roku Channel

That is very sad. I´ve heard a lot of Ken Block but saw only a little bit of his videos since I wasn´t so much in drifting when I got older.

Now I read this article. I didn´t know that he was a skateboarder and Co-Founder of DC-shoes. Wow, he has an amazing lifeline. Very sad for the fans and of course friends and family. As I read probably his daughter is stepping in :)

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a42384610/original-hoonigan-ken-block-1967-2023/

Celebs are dropping like flys in 2023.
Lisa Marie Presley
Robbie Knievel
Robbie Bachman
Jeff Beck
Actor Adam Rich

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here yet, but I just read that he was climbing a steep slope, and the snowmobile up ended and flipped over on top of him.

And 2021... Almost like something in early 2021 started causing a bunch of middle aged healthy people to start dying...
I am not going to go any farther down this rabbit hole. This is a thread mourning the death and celebrating the life of one of the most well known and loved people in motorsports. That was oddly poetic.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here yet, but I just read that he was climbing a steep slope, and the snowmobile up ended and flipped over on top of him.

It happened at Mill Hollow Utah. It is very desolate yet beautiful area. Snowmobiling/boondocking is sooo much fun, yet so very dangerous. Spent 20 plus years in Utah playing in the mountains and the desert.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back