Kevin Takes His XO-1 Off a Ramp @100MPH!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 outta 10 for sticking that landing.🤣🤣🤣
200w.gif

Can’t believe it survived as well as it did. I thought the Kraton came away with pretty minimal damage considering the punishment.

Side note, I wish Kevin would go back to fixing/building a little more rather than just saying “boom” and skipping over it. His channel has always been more entertainment than technical, but I think there is room for both.

Can’t believe it survived as well as it did. I thought the Kraton came away with pretty minimal damage considering the punishment.

Side note, I wish Kevin would go back to fixing/building a little more rather than just saying “boom” and skipping over it. His channel has always been more entertainment than technical, but I think there is room for both.
That's what he has his second channel for.
More Kevin Talbot

Another Video where he is lying. The Traxxas is not the only fastest RC car of the world. Why do people still support him I don't get.

As far as I know, the XO-1 is the fastest RTR car. Yes, there are faster cars. But they typically have aftermarket electronics. You can't compare a RTR to something like a Limitless or VTE2 that don't come with any electronics. If you know of a faster RTR car @mutosan, feel free to post it. If you don't like him, don't watch him. I find him entertaining. He doesn't take himself too seriously and neither do I. That's why it works.

Another Video where he is lying. The Traxxas is not the only fastest RC car of the world. Why do people still support him I don't get.
No, this is correct. There is no faster RTR RC in the world.

Everything else you have to build.

Though, ironically, the X-01 does require a pinion change with the included pinion in order to achieve the 100mph. I'll let you decide if that's still RTR. But that's the same with the infraction/felony ;)

No, this is correct. There is no faster RTR RC in the world.

Everything else you have to build.

Though, ironically, the X-01 does require a pinion change with the included pinion in order to achieve the 100mph. I'll let you decide if that's still RTR. But that's the same with the infraction/felony ;)
IIRC you also need to "unlock" the high speed capability in the app. While I hate nanny stateism, I can kind of understand why they do that from a liability standpoint. But I'll let it slide under the banner of RTR. :)

IIRC you also need to "unlock" the high speed capability in the app. While I hate nanny stateism, I can kind of understand why they do that from a liability standpoint. But I'll let it slide under the banner of RTR. :)
Yeah, "RTR" these days means something far different than what it used to mean... used to include batteries for the rx and car and fully assembled.
"RTR" imo these days at least should mean you take it out of the box, unwrap the packaging, slap some of your own fresh batteries in, and go.

But then again, the better idea is going to be: inspect the vehicle, reset endpoints, disassemble and check diff and shock fluid levels, check screws, charge batteries, etc etc etc... About as far from RTR as you can get!

So ultimately the "idea" of RTR, paying for the convenience of having everything ready for you, is all hogwash anyway 🙄

Yeah, "RTR" these days means something far different than what it used to mean... used to include batteries for the rx and car and fully assembled.
"RTR" imo these days at least should mean you take it out of the box, unwrap the packaging, slap some of your own fresh batteries in, and go.

But then again, the better idea is going to be: inspect the vehicle, reset endpoints, disassemble and check diff and shock fluid levels, check screws, charge batteries, etc etc etc... About as far from RTR as you can get!

So ultimately the "idea" of RTR, paying for the convenience of having everything ready for you, is all hogwash anyway 🙄
FWIW, when I bought my Infraction V2, I took it out of the box, charged the batteries, put them in the car, took it out for a spin and everything went off without a hitch. It was RTR as advertised. Yes, if I were to buy another RTR vehicle, I'd at least go through the trouble of checking all the screws and a few other superficial things but I like to check the readiness to run as it's sold as such.

Edit: I can see the need for better checks on off-road bashers as you're jumping them and whatnot which will put additional strain on all components. But as the Infraction goes, it was good to go out of the box. It tracked straight and ran well. I know there are others that have had different experiences. But mine was good.

FWIW, when I bought my Infraction V2, I took it out of the box, charged the batteries, put them in the car, took it out for a spin and everything went off without a hitch. It was RTR as advertised. Yes, if I were to buy another RTR vehicle, I'd at least go through the trouble of checking all the screws and a few other superficial things but I like to check the readiness to run as it's sold as such.

Edit: I can see the need for better checks on off-road bashers as you're jumping them and whatnot which will put additional strain on all components. But as the Infraction goes, it was good to go out of the box. It tracked straight and ran well. I know there are others that have had different experiences. But mine was good.
Agreed. I've had plenty of "RTR" experiences that went well. Though my first ever RTR experience ended about 30 seconds after i first slapped some batteries in and pulled the trigger! Broke an axle trying to do a backflip on a tree 🤦‍♂️

Agreed. I've had plenty of "RTR" experiences that went well. Though my first ever RTR experience ended about 30 seconds after i first slapped some batteries in and pulled the trigger! Broke an axle trying to do a backflip on a tree 🤦‍♂️
We take the good with the bad. I'm an advocate for more kits as I love building the things. But I can understand the position of manufacturers who are going to make more sales with RTR vehicles because we live in an instant gratification society. I'd just love to see Arrma and other manufacturers just bag up the parts and sell the kits at a $100 price reduction. How hard can it be?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back