Limitless Kevin talbot new speed run build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limittless

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave
  7. Mojave EXB
  8. Talion
  9. Typhon 3s
  10. Typhon 6s
  11. Typhon TLR
  12. Typhon Mega
  13. Vendetta
  14. Infraction 4x4
Thoughts on kevin talbo new speed run build.
He running a max 4 n 560 kv motor honestly i don't see himgetting far with the hobbywing system im sure it a amp limit just like all the other hw esc considering ppl have pushed the max 5 to 120 he maybe can push to 140 with the combo it will most likely cout out.Im no expert in speed running this just sharing thoughts you all can also share your thoughts on it.

He running a max 4 n 560 kv motor honestly i don't see himgetting far with the hobbywing system im sure it a amp limit just like all the other hw esc considering ppl have pushed the max 5 to 120 he maybe can push to 140 with the combo it will most likely cout out.Im no expert in speed running this just sharing thoughts you all can also share your thoughts on it.
I’m also curious what everyone’s thoughts on this are. I just watched it as well. Gotta love his energy lol always so PUMPED UP!!!

im I the only one who gets pissed every time he throws his RC cars down the stairs?
I feel you. It's hard to watch sometimes. Personally, I flinch every single time I crash one of my rigs so intentionally trying to do it just feels off to me. I also understand I might have a similar mindset to him if I had his money. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

We're talking about a guy who bought an entire Limitless to keep the suspension arms and shocks. Why? No one knows. At the speed he's aiming for (It'll be fun to watch how close or far he gets) I wouldn't even keep the suspension arms. I'm hella curious to see what that motor/ESC combo will manage, to me that's more of a motor for the Losi 5ive-T, DBLX-E or Raminator. He's gonna have to over gear the :poop: out of it and my suspicion is that the ESC won't be able to deliver the amps he'll need. He should drive it with one of the MGM ESCs (I realize he needs both for the other car, but at the rate he spends money, what's one more MGM ESC?).

I’m curious on what his current pb for speed is? I asked in the comments cause I’m curious if he plans to jump from 138- to 204+mph? I’m not even in the 100mph club yet just the 85mph club 😂 cause I haven’t run fast much yet. Still feel I need to learn more under 100mph first. I hope he doesn’t just skip to a 204+ try

I’m curious on what his current pb for speed is? I asked in the comments cause I’m curious if he plans to jump from 138- to 204+mph? I’m not even in the 100mph club yet just the 85mph club 😂 cause I haven’t run fast much yet. Still feel I need to learn more under 100mph first. I hope he doesn’t just skip to a 204+ try
There's no feasible way to jump from 138mph to 200+mph. Speed running is a learning curve with plateaus along the way.

We're talking about a guy who bought an entire Limitless to keep the suspension arms and shocks. Why? No one knows. At the speed he's aiming for (It'll be fun to watch how close or far he gets) I wouldn't even keep the suspension arms. I'm hella curious to see what that motor/ESC combo will manage, to me that's more of a motor for the Losi 5ive-T, DBLX-E or Raminator. He's gonna have to over gear the :poop: out of it and my suspicion is that the ESC won't be able to deliver the amps he'll need. He should drive it with one of the MGM ESCs (I realize he needs both for the other car, but at the rate he spends money, what's one more MGM ESC?).
I would of bought the gp5 diffs off Jenny’s and the shocks and arms why buy the roller for just those parts, heck he cou of torn down one of his infractions
But if moneys no object, he should bring 4 or 5 to his speedway

I would of bought the gp5 diffs off Jenny’s and the shocks and arms why buy the roller for just those parts, heck he cou of torn down one of his infractions
All he needed from the diffs was the ring gear and input pinion. He put SRC diff lockers front and rear. I don't understand why he didn't buy a Pinochio spool while he was shopping at Scorched instead of drilling more holes into a $300 CF chassis. I mean, it doesn't really matter, that's just me.

Edit: The next ROSSA speed championships are coming up in August if I'm not mistaken.
Edit 2: Yeah, just looked it up. AUG 12 AT 7:00 AM – AUG 14 AT 5:00 PM UTC+01

I so want to attend that event one of these years. That runway is just the shiznit and you have real, actual speed traps.

Last edited:
I couldnt help but smile when his intended gearing didn't fit. First time he showed the pinion i already figured it wouldnt work.

The max4 on 12S can output 15kW. The 600kv motor on 12S will rev 30k rpm idle. An experienced speedrunner might top it out at low 150's. Geared for that he might actually improve is pb. Instantly gearing it for 200+ is gonna hit the amp protection for sure.

Last edited:
agree

He is using the new max4 as well that's 12s capable? plus the new max8's are a lot stronger than the old versions. It may be a lot quicker than you think.

He is using the new max4 as well that's 12s capable? plus the new max8's are a lot stronger than the old versions. It may be a lot quicker than you think.
It might be, I'm more than curious to see. Seeing as you can run it at 50.4V you're obviously not going to need the same high amperage that is required from 8S/33.6V systems so it should be interesting. I can't remember off-hand if he used the 3.3 gearing from the Limitless or went with the 2.8 gearing (I think the former but I could be wrong). He's gonna need some insanely tall gearing to get the speed up there. I just ran some back of the napkin calculations and 3.3 diffs and 54/20T gearing should net somewhere in the 180-185mph region. This is, of course, granting that everything else is on point with the setup of the vehicle. Raz did say in his latest video that he was planning a trip to the UK to meet up with KT, presumably he'll be helping Kevin out with setting up his whip. At least I hope that's the plan. Just speculating, but it would make sense if he's actually serious about being competitive on the speed running circuit. Without a place near him to regularly practice speed running and get the car dialed in it would be a grand conjunction of the planets if he just happened to get it right.

I don’t think any of his current builds will get there, but it is still entertaining to see what happens. There are probably a lot of people that are curious what the max 4 can do. He definitely has the resources to put together a build that has a chance at breaking the record. I just think he is making choices based on clicks rather than a serious attempt to break the record.

It runs on 12s. Every time you double voltage you cut amps on half to do the same work. The max4 will crush a max 5.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back