Mojave Kevs Mojave EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the feedback on your battery box mod. I was having trouble figuring how to get my big old batteries in there... This will help and give me ideals. (starts thinking how to design something I can 3D print...)
Hurricane
What filament would you use if you were to print one?

Careful cutting those scorched fenders, I already messed one up (cut it wrong, pictures not included....too embarrassing)

What filament would you use if you were to print one?
I’d use PETG since I have lots of it and lots of experience with it. I believe that ASA might be better for higher temperatures but PETG should be ok. (Bought some ASA to experiment with but never got around to messing with it.) If you want something printed let me know via DM... not sure how shipping is over the border though.
Hurricane

I have a good printer but haven’t ventured farther than PLA. I have to branch out.....

cheers,
kev
Not sure what you have but having a good profile for the material and your printer is the first thing. Then proper treatment for the print surface. I have Prusa printers and their slicer has good profiles for their petg filament and generic PETG. Depending on the build sheet, smooth or rough, you use different preparation. On the smooth don’t use ipa because it’ll stick too hard and ruin your sheet possibly, only use windex. The rough ipa is ok and sticking too much isn’t an issue.

ps. I use 3D Solutech PETG from Amazon. Cheap and looks really good. See thru green and see thru yellow are the best colors. Here’s an example...
61F0EB74-0ECE-41EE-901C-3F03F73E634B.jpeg

Good luck!
Hurricane

A few cosmetics to add. Body clip retainers from the 8S rigs, lexan window that fits like a glove behind the roll cage. Body edge trim ( may scrub on the wheels, still gotta try it). Shoo Goo job which I promised myself I would never do again......but it works so well. Took me hours.

Window template if anyone wants it.
B296AEC1-02D3-4648-A535-F55D7F07A751.jpeg

90E57BA2-789D-436C-BBE3-739E56885D2A.jpeg
E0FC8544-DC8F-4D9F-83E5-8CB5F81F3ED6.jpeg
16486BBB-64B0-476F-B390-97055DAC84E0.jpeg

Last edited:
I installed the Proline 3.8 Badlands. I found the stock tires were incredibly tiny.......I do realize its a short course rig and the stock tires are probably scale but......damn.

Had to trim the body significantly but I don’t care. The rig drives better in my opinion, and it wheelies at will no problem. I couldn’t really wheelie it before.

B7F110F0-007A-49AE-B389-BCED10EC9EDF.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back