Kinda getting burnt out of the hobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to not be having the same smile on my face in this hobby I use to have 8 years ago. Any tips? I would love to go bashing with more people then just me and occasionally my one buddy that's in this hobby as well. He was the one who got me in the hobby but now all he has now is a scx 24 and a v3 kraton. I think he's gave up on the hobby. Nitro puts a slightly larger smile on my face but I get so fed up with em. One thing I haven't tried yet is 1/10 scale crawler wich I probably should considering I live on 80 acres with many creeks and trails. And another buddy of mine dad's just built a 4 acre pond so I'll have to give boats a try to I guess.
Life brings you many different timelines, situations, predicaments ETC. It's OK to put the TX down for a while. You might pick it back up, you might not. No biggy. (y)

Helicopters have a very steep learning curve. I've been flying Helicopters for about 12 years. 6 channel collective pitch Helicopters are difficult to learn, but a lot of newer helis have a 6 axis gyro/ flybarless controller that have self leveling capabilities and are easier to learn basic flight and orientation. But the 6 axis gyro also handicaps you and makes it harder to learn to fly a basic 3 axis 6 channel collective pitch helicopter. It's best to try to learn to hover and basic flight with only a 3 axis gyro with no self leveling. It is a lot harder but will not give you the bad habits that the 6 axis gyro will. And crashes cost a lot of money.

But if you just wanna learn basic sport flying then a 6 channel collective pitch heli with a 6 axis self leveling FBL controller is a great way to get started.

If you wanna cheat, but still be able to learn to fly helis, check out this Flywing V450L 2.5 RTF. It's a 6 channel heli with GPS self leveling and a kind of autopilot but is also capable of full 3D flight. It's a 450 size helicopter which is about 26 inches long and a great helicopter to start with.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/f...uasiGsdjt8m4EuRb5QJwtcIFiX9mmqcBoCFFQQAvD_BwE

Flywing also has a smaller 200 sized helicopter with the same GPS flight controller.

https://www.helidirect.com/products...HEBpXmVq14oYeMvxv9CJZEBOJL4ZaygxoCjHQQAvD_BwE
Them are a bit overpriced for me. I think I'll start out with that blade helicopter.

Yeah, I totally get being worn out with this hobby, been in and out a few times myself since childhood. I have absolutely no friends that share my interest in rc. Bashing around here is so limited as well. Almost no where to go and when I find some bare dirt it goes away quickly with a new apartment complex or strip mall. We do have a lot of really nice parks and open space near me but most is way too tight for bashing or just boring grass.

Once walking my dog in one of the parks that happens to be connected to a huge bolder field I thought would be a great place to run a crawler. I bought a rtr crawler and started doing that. I’ve found so many more places to run on the rocks than bash on dirt in my local. I even sold a few basher rigs to finance some high end comp rigs I built. Tons and tons of options, on esc, motor setups, axle options, wheelbase length, body styles, scale details, crawling style, builders kits, rtrs, small business custom boutiques, and tons of 3d printing going on (another hobby...) too. Another thing is crawlers almost never break, and batteries are just a few bucks and easy to charge.

I still run my bashers but most often can be found on the rocks with my dog buddy.

Yeah, I totally get being worn out with this hobby, been in and out a few times myself since childhood. I have absolutely no friends that share my interest in rc. Bashing around here is so limited as well. Almost no where to go and when I find some bare dirt it goes away quickly with a new apartment complex or strip mall. We do have a lot of really nice parks and open space near me but most is way too tight for bashing or just boring grass.

Once walking my dog in one of the parks that happens to be connected to a huge bolder field I thought would be a great place to run a crawler. I bought a rtr crawler and started doing that. I’ve found so many more places to run on the rocks than bash on dirt in my local. I even sold a few basher rigs to finance some high end comp rigs I built. Tons and tons of options, on esc, motor setups, axle options, wheelbase length, body styles, scale details, crawling style, builders kits, rtrs, small business custom boutiques, and tons of 3d printing going on (another hobby...) too. Another thing is crawlers almost never break, and batteries are just a few bucks and easy to charge.

I still run my bashers but most often can be found on the rocks with my dog buddy.
Yea that's my thing with em they don't break! So much cheaper going then bashers. If you live in more of a city give on road rc cars a try. I had a felony it was quit fun.

Them are a bit overpriced for me. I think I'll start out with that blade helicopter.
Helicopters aren't cheap. With a Helicopters, even more so than a car or truck, you kinda get what you pay for. The Blade heli you are talking about for under $200 is probably the Blade Nano which is a very small helicopter and almost impossible to fly outside unless there is absolutely NO WIND. Also, the smaller the helicopter the harder it is to fly. If you want something small and can still fly outside here is a XK K130 for under $200. Much more durable than the Blade micro helicopters. I have one of these and it flies great and has a 6 axis gyro with self leveling.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/x...tcUNZrbBSTyFV37p8SPjKaXXb62MiKgBoCrWAQAvD_BwE

The obvious solution is to take up knitting, after a couple of months, you'll be itching to get those bashers out and running! 🤣

Seriously, I really enjoy my crawlers and trail trucks, slower pace and way less maintenance, but challenging enough to still be fun when you find that perfect line, up an obstacle that you didn't think you could make it up.

I flew rc planes for about 8 years before I tried surface vehicles, sometimes you just need to change it up, doesn't mean you should give up one for the other, it just gives you more options to keep it interesting.

Drones are fun. DJI makes really great stuff that a monkey could fly or if you're more into acro, there's that whole world.

And sometimes, you just need to set things down for a while.

I think if I didn't have 18 of these sitting here in front of my face all day long I wouldn't be as interested at times.
I have put down RC for several months. Sometimes I'll leave my Crawler in my Car with a half charged pack, sometimes for days, always at the ready, and out of no where between errands in the course of a Day, I see a spot and take a walk/hike with my 10.2. The Satisfying diversion breaks up my day. Crawlers are great. Hated my first one.. Didn't understand the slow going thing. Then it all clicked for me. Driving them is way less edgy and stressful than Fast basher rigs. And I'll run my Crawlers in the mud, snow, Blizzards, rain, ponds etc. Not with my bashers however. Crawlers are more laid back.
Feels like I'm walking my dog.:LOL:
But my Crawler is just trained better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back