Kraton Kinda new here and wanted to share my arrma kraton v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBassBrent

Deep in the heat of Texas
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
She is about 2 months old. Currently running 4s 7200mah power hobby batteries. Started with 6s (2x3s) and quickly realized I don't need 6s unless I'm trying to land triple back flips and break a lot of stuff.

I've also done the following so far:
Tbone front and rear thrasher bumpers. Rear not shown because I broke that on my second pack with it. (6s of course.) Tbone promptly sent a free replacement.
Tbone rear mug guards
Proline trenchers (these huge mud suckers are really putting a strain on my ECU/motor, I may need to gear lower due to heat)
Outcast rear wing (broke stock one on, yes, 6s)
Hot racing servo mount
Rebuilt differentials 30k front, 100k center, 10k rear

Broke ECU fan, replaced with a smaller fan for a raspberry pie computer. Not sure how good it will do in the hot Texas summer. May need a larger fan.

Moved rear shocks to outermost holes and front to innermost holes. Helps with drifting around my dirt track. (Did I mention that I bent the rear shock tower on 6s as well?)

Added a little more front toe out to the front.

Before I knew better, I purchased the gpm turnbuckles because I bent the stock one. (Guess what, on 6s! Haha) Tried to install them. They are too long, can't run enough toe out in the front. The balls are also so tight that my suspension didn't work right. Promptly removed them. I may try to put the rears on just because they look cool but I will use the stock ends and balls.

This is mainly my basher. I have a 6s Senton that I run on my dirt track and keep tuned for performance. I love punishing my kraton. The Senton is my beauty queen.

Upgraded bearings is next on the list for both my trucks. And maybe some new bodies. ?

Hope everyone has a great day. Thanks for reading.

Does your motor get hot running the trenchers? Mine runs in the 190's with a 15t pinion. I will gear it down when the weather gets warmer.

I hit the thermal shutoff two different times with the trenchers before I realized my ECU fan was broken. It's seems my ECU temp is the problem in my case. I've never recorded motor temps over 160. I recorded 167 on the ecu a couple minutes after it shut off.
Ran it again today with the fan I rigged up and I didn't have any problems. Exu only got up to 110. Good times.
Here is a last minute save for the last jump of the day. Perspective is weird, it's about a 40 foot jump.

I hit the thermal shutoff two different times with the trenchers before I realized my ECU fan was broken. It's seems my ECU temp is the problem in my case. I've never recorded motor temps over 160. I recorded 167 on the ecu a couple minutes after it shut off.
Ran it again today with the fan I rigged up and I didn't have any problems. Exu only got up to 110. Good times.
Here is a last minute save for the last jump of the day. Perspective is weird, it's about a 40 foot jump.
Yup, try not to let that esc get above 140 again if you can. Poor capacitors and FET's won't like that much heat too many times.

Hmmm, Glad you posted this, has me rethinking going 6s out the box.

You will be impressed with the 4s speed when your rig is new. Once you get use to that, you will be even more impressed with your first 6s run. Is till haven't felt the need to run the Senton on 6s. There is something about a new truck and wanting to pull that trigger all the way to see what she's got. On 6s, that's a dangerous combo. ? Have fun!

Welcome BBB! Nice pair of Arrmas!

Yeah, I did the same as BBB - tried to start with 6s, and quickly decided that 4s was enough. I did bump the pinion 2 teeth on all my 6s cars, gives them some legs on 4s. Been 3 years, and I am still happy with 4s.

Welcome BBB! Nice pair of Arrmas!

Yeah, I did the same as BBB - tried to start with 6s, and quickly decided that 4s was enough. I did bump the pinion 2 teeth on all my 6s cars, gives them some legs on 4s. Been 3 years, and I am still happy with 4s.
Yeah, think I'm going with 4s. Don't want to be breaking stuff left and right. My dilemma is that I don't know anyone with a 6s truck so I have nothing to go off of. I do like fast stuff but not if it's going to be tearing up body and driveline parts.

Got a text this morning from Tower, Kratons back in stock but I'm waiting it out to see if new model comes out. If not by mid April just go V3. Also getting the Granite blx.

Do those Tbone mud guards work? I have been thinking about trying them.

Do those Tbone mud guards work? I have been thinking about trying them.
They do keep the mud from building up on the lower parts of the shocks and a arms. Much easier to clean the flat mud guard surface that all the nooks and crannies behind them. If you like DIY, after receiving them, I thought I should have tried to make some myself. Seems simple enough. Cut plastic to shape and drill two holes for mounting. Here is a pic of some muddy mud guards.
IMG_20190222_183524.jpg

They do keep the mud from building up on the lower parts of the shocks and a arms. Much easier to clean the flat mud guard surface that all the nooks and crannies behind them. If you like DIY, after receiving them, I thought I should have tried to make some myself. Seems simple enough. Cut plastic to shape and drill two holes for mounting. Here is a pic of some muddy mud guards. View attachment 33226
Thanks!

Nice ride!!
Welcome.
So how long does that 4s 7200 last you?
I usually stop short of the ESC cutoff. That's around 30 minutes of hard track running with little to no stopping. After 30 min, my cells read around 3.7 v. I'm happy with the run time and performance. These run times are with the stock tires. With the trenchers I lose 5 to 8 minutes or so.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back