Knocking sound in diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew horter

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Matthew I am new to forums and the rc world I really hope that you guys can help me. I think the diff is causing problems in my arrma big rock v3, it is making a horrible knocking noise and seems to be getting stuck. I will post a video of the sound and what is is doing . Link is below..

Video of issue

Hello everyone my name is Matthew I am new to forums and the rc world I really hope that you guys can help me. I think the diff is causing problems in my arrma big rock v3, it is making a horrible knocking noise and seems to be getting stuck. I will post a video of the sound and what is is doing . Link is below..

Video of issue
Looks like your input pinion and ring gear is toast. You'll have to replace them both as usually when one is damaged it damages the other also.

I just addressed this in another thread, this is exactly why I don't recommend 6S rigs to new people in the hobby. OP hope you figure it out and get it fixed, the Big Rock is really a good truck for the money. Don't know if you ran into or clipped something or maby landed under power and tore up your diff. Either way these things happen, it's part of the hobby unfortunately.

I just addressed this in another thread, this is exactly why I don't recommend 6S rigs to new people in the hobby. OP hope you figure it out and get it fixed, the Big Rock is really a good truck for the money. Don't know if you ran into or clipped something or maby landed under power and tore up your diff. Either way these things happen, it's part of the hobby unfortunately.
3s is plenty of power for a beginner, and the 6s rigs require often maintenance and shimming. They are also a lot heavier meaning they break more often. Amain Hobbies just posted the video, and they recommend the BRCC 3s the best truck under 400USD!

Its a 3s BRCC. NVM I understand what u said.
I know
3s is plenty of power for a beginner, and the 6s rigs require often maintenance and shimming. They are also a lot heavier meaning they break more often. Amain Hobbies just posted the video, and they recommend the BRCC 3s the best truck under 400USD!
I think the Bigrock is the best value out there currently, it's fast, tough, and cheap.

Last edited:
Thank you every one for your help
Looks like your input pinion and ring gear is toast. You'll have to replace them both as usually when one is damaged it damages the other also.
Thank you soo much for your help. I will ask my dad to help me open it up tonight and help me with changing it

Thank you every one for your help

Thank you soo much for your help. I will ask my dad to help me open it up tonight and help me with changing it
Also not sure if JennysRC.com will ship to you but if so buy all your replacement parts via them they are the cheapest in the USA by farđź‘Ť

Back