KnowAir's SCT410.3 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look like they hold up well..Im not really familiar with anything that has to do with off roading.lol I'm toatly clueless.im a on road kind of guy and I've allways been in love with street machines.i love the looks and the speed👍😁 .but I still admire what people do to their off road rigs .and enjoy what you all do your rigs.👍
There's no wrong way to RC!!😎👍🍻

You have a SCT410.3. So yes, you will absolutely want to get silly with it at some point 🤘
That's right!!🤘😎🍻
Shoot, I even got a spare chassis plate for the sct410 now since I converted the MT410 to ET48MT!!🤘😎🤣🤣
Just for comparison..mt/sct next to et chassis.

Attachments

• 20221104_140602.jpg
    20221104_140602.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20221104_140526.jpg
    20221104_140526.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
That's right!!🤘😎🍻
Shoot, I even got a spare chassis plate for the sct410 now since I converted the MT410 to ET48MT!!🤘😎🤣🤣
Just for comparison..mt/sct next to et chassis.
That looks well loved! I need to get me a spare chassis so i can experiment :unsure:

How are you liking the extended MT410?

@KnowAir ...Mmmmmmm, me likey the gold Kronos !!! what color/brand paint is it painted with.??? 😍😍😍
Thanks!!😁 Well, like I said, I literally used what I had laying around.. Duratrax paint. Basic black, candy yellow, pearl white. In a proprietary application process..🤣🤣
It really came out much better than I would've thought..makes me wish I had taken my time and done it proper. You know, like more than 35f temperature, actually find and apply the window masking..🤔🤷‍♂️😂😂🍻
Goldmember has opened my eyes to new colour options!!😉😁
I really like it, wish I took my time. Guess I might have to start buying clear instead of pre painted bodies!?🤔😮😁

Last edited:
How are you liking the extended MT410?
Love it so far, haven't gotten to run it against my brother's Talion EXB on track yet. Which is one of the reasons I did the conversion. It's got a TC 6s combo in it now, running on 4s. It's so light, I feel 6s is overkill (for now anyway).
I should say though that I'm not really bashing it much these days. Mostly track running. To me, in stock form the Arrma's are better suited for bashing. Not saying the mt410 isn't good, cuz it is, but needs some center chassis bracing and the body mounts are pretty weak for bashing too IMO. Also, Tekno parts seem quite a bit more expensive than Arrma. Just my .02😉

+1 for building cheap rigs, i'm the same way :LOL:

If you're "occasionally" running 4s I don't see any reason why the 3200kv would be an issue. That's 53k rpm at no-load, which you'd hardly ever be running. So unless you're doing frequent speed passes with a really good battery, then 3200kv should be fine. I ran 4s on my 3150kv spektrum motor in my HPI bullet for about 15-20 packs doing mostly "speed bashing" and full speed passes geared for 60mph. Amazingly the senton tires and motor all held up. I just ended up changing the front motor bearing. It was starting to wobble, but still spun fine.

If you're going for cheapness, you could consider the RTR max10 or SC8-RTR esc and pair with a 3660 or 3670 surpass motor?.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802942009824.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803098547308.html

I'm looking to build a SCT410 eventually too, so i'll stay tuned!
Just wondering if the "Hobbywing" esc from aliexpress have the same internals and work the just as good as the branded ones?

Just wondering if the "Hobbywing" esc from aliexpress have the same internals and work the just as good as the branded ones?
Actually, funny you ask. I just recently got back from a bash where an aliexpress max8 went up in smoke. And I have a max10 sct that's starting to act the same way the max8 did. As far as I know, the internals are all still the same. But from my personal experience, I probably wouldn't buy them anymore. Feel bad that I've recommended them so much.

Actually, funny you ask. I just recently got back from a bash where an aliexpress max8 went up in smoke. And I have a max10 sct that's starting to act the same way the max8 did. As far as I know, the internals are all still the same. But from my personal experience, I probably wouldn't buy them anymore. Feel bad that I've recommended them so much.
Ok good to know should i go with spectrums motor and esc combo, blx's or castle creations? Also for my SCT410.3 what "cheap" combo would you recommend with a $150 max? And would you have any servo recommendations for it currently I have a ProTek 100T that I am not using in any of my rigs would that be ok or is there a better option with more torque?

Last edited:
So was that the glitching you experiencing? That vid you posted in another thread?
That stinks, sorry to hear.
Hope I don't jinx myself but, the unbranded max 10 I got off ebay is going strong so far.. it isn't getting worked very hard in my 410.3 though..
I've never seen motor or esc temps over 115f.. I really only run on 3s with it. Maybe that's my saving grace? Also, mine is a rtr take off, maybe different? I never did figure what the seller is removing them from though..
What rtr comes with a 120a 2-4s max10?

I just joined the ranks of the Tekno club, kinda azz backwards, looking on fleabay for a Tekin rx8 esc, there was one in a Tekno chassis, listed as a Tekin. I won the auction last week, but I just spent alot of time and a bit of $$ making my beloved Senton 4x4 track ready, So was thinking of turning it into the buggy. I haven't read this thread yet, anyone got a stash of TKR5003 kits?😂 I'll read this thread when I get some time...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back