KnowAir's SCT410.3 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thermal cut off definitely sounds like the main reason I would consider Castle. I've never had any Castle stuff, a co worker of mine swears at them (not "by" them)..but that's just one man's experience, so, I won't write them off for that.. price is where I get caught up.. patience is another hang up for me, just ain't got it😁🤣
Yeah I've had a so-so experience with Castle, but also with every other manufacturer. Castle's quality seems fine to me but I wouldn't swear by it. However, the feature set blows away every other manufacturer. The warranty is also pretty good.

Last edited:
I would, but I'm definitely piratesque.
Yeah, me too. The hoss is okay, but doesn't exactly fit my style. I bought it second hand from my brother for $200. It doesn't owe me anything..only issue with using these electronics is 2400kv with a 3s limit(esc) not sure what gearing the sct410 can accommodate, but 2400 on 3s may run slow?

Yeah, me too. The hoss is okay, but doesn't exactly fit my style. I bought it second hand from my brother for $200. It doesn't owe me anything..only issue with using these electronics is 2400kv with a 3s limit(esc) not sure what gearing the sct410 can accommodate, but 2400 on 3s may run slow?
When i was trying to research whether the SCT410 could accommodate 40mm size motors or not, i stumbled on this thread on the tekno forums. It seemed to suggest that a 4274 would fit, but i've seen conflicting info on that here in the arrma forum. I've yet to confirm that the larger diameter motors fit. The most recommended were the 3674 motors. Pinion sizes that were recommended were in the 14t to 20t range. So at least some decent choices.

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/bashing-on-3s-and-4s-capable.1803/

It's a solid read and there are some vert knowledgeable people that chime in on that thread, so hopefully it proves useful.

Last edited:
When i was trying to research whether the SCT410 could accommodate 40mm size motors or not, i stumbled on this thread on the tekno forums. It seemed to suggest that a 4274 would fit, but i've seen conflicting info on that here in the arrma forum. I've yet to confirm that the larger diameter motors fit. The most recommended were the 3674 motors. Pinion sizes that were recommended were in the 14t to 20t range. So at least some decent choices.

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/bashing-on-3s-and-4s-capable.1803/

It's a solid read and there are some vert knowledgeable people that chime in on that thread, so hopefully it proves useful.
Cool, thanks. The hoss motor is a 3670 I believe. It's the same motor as the maxx, so it can handle 4s. The hoss esc will only go to 3s though. The other unknown to me at this point is whether the hoss/maxx motor is of a standard bolt pattern. TRX has a history of making their stuff incompatible with the rest of the world.. then again, maybe I'll forego the TRX route and just buy appropriate sct stuff,IDK. But I'll have a read of the post you shared for sure. Thanks!

Cool, thanks. The hoss motor is a 3670 I believe. It's the same motor as the maxx, so it can handle 4s. The hoss esc will only go to 3s though. The other unknown to me at this point is whether the hoss/maxx motor is of a standard bolt pattern. TRX has a history of making their stuff incompatible with the rest of the world.. then again, maybe I'll forego the TRX route and just buy appropriate sct stuff,IDK. But I'll have a read of the post you shared for sure. Thanks!
The Hoss was always kind of an odd-ball for me. The 4s motor paired with a 3s limited esc. All in the form factor of basically the stampede, but costs something like $100 more?

If you have the 3670 from the hoss already and are willing to part with it from the hoss, i'd just supplement with a 4s capable "SCT" esc and call it good. That should be a sweet setup. Pretty sure they use the standard 25mm bolt pattern, the same as the slash/stampede/rustler. The only hurdle would be adapting or soldering new bullets since most 4s esc's just have 4mm bullet connectors.

The Hoss was always kind of an odd-ball for me. The 4s motor paired with a 3s limited esc. All in the form factor of basically the stampede, but costs something like $100 more?

If you have the 3670 from the hoss already and are willing to part with it from the hoss, i'd just supplement with a 4s capable "SCT" esc and call it good. That should be a sweet setup. Pretty sure they use the standard 25mm bolt pattern, the same as the slash/stampede/rustler. The only hurdle would be adapting or soldering new bullets since most 4s esc's just have 4mm bullet connectors.
Yup, I was just reading up the thread you shared from the Tekno forum. Sounds like the 3674 2400 should work well in the sct410 on either 3 or 4s? Hmm...did I mention I just broke another arm on the hoss? So technically it's already out of commission 🤔😁
I agree, I would NEVER pay nearly $500 for a glorified stampeded! LOL

Another vote on the 3670 or 3674. This fellow said that the standard mount in the SCT410 is "LCG" and does not fit 40mm sized motors without parts swap out.
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/curvins-sct410-3.649/page-2

I think the 2400kv motor would be good, allow you to gear up as necessary and run 3s or 4s. And here I was looking to run a 3674 sized 3270kv x-team motor on 4s... :unsure:

Another vote on the 3670 or 3674. This fellow said that the standard mount in the SCT410 is "LCG" and does not fit 40mm sized motors without parts swap out.

I think the 2400kv motor would be good, allow you to gear up as necessary and run 3s or 4s. And here I was looking to run a 3674 sized 3270kv x-team motor on 4s... :unsure:
I just checked the part numbers at the SCT uses the same motor mount as the MT410. 42mm diameter motors fit easily on the MT410.

That said, it's possible some of the SCT chassis bracing or something else would get in the way of a bigger motor. I'm not familiar with it.

Plausible.. I think? Thermal management would be crucial.
I just checked the part numbers at the SCT uses the same motor mount as the MT410. 42mm diameter motors fit easily on the MT410.

That said, it's possible some of the SCT chassis bracing or something else would get in the way of a bigger motor. I'm not familiar with it.
Me either..yet. i do also have a stock kaiju motor kicking about somewhere..4068 2100kv.🤔
Once the sct gets delivered, I'll have both the MT and SCT to compare.

Last edited:

Could be that the bracing is different, i hadn't looked at that yet. i had only looked at motor mount pieces.

TKR5260 – CNC Split Cntr Diff Mount is on both instruction manuals, but the actual motor mount insert is different. That's the "LCG" difference.
TKR5212 on the SCT410
TKR5211 on the MT410
Plausible.. I think? Thermal management would be crucial.

Me either..yet. i do also have a stock kaiju motor kicking about somewhere..4068 2100kv.🤔
Once the sct gets delivered, I'll have both the MT and SCT to compare.
I was initially more concerned with overall gearing/speed with a 3270kv motor, but i'd have to look into that more fully and do the calcs for what top theoretical speed that would be if I actually pulled the SCT410 trigger. I have a spare 4068 2650kv surpass motor laying around that i'd rather use and would fit the bill nicely. I'd much rather use something I have vs buying more motors...

Very interested to know how that plays out and whether the 4068 kaiju motor fits on the SCT mount as stock. Keep us updated for sure!

Could be that the bracing is different, i hadn't looked at that yet. i had only looked at motor mount pieces.

TKR5260 – CNC Split Cntr Diff Mount is on both instruction manuals, but the actual motor mount insert is different. That's the "LCG" difference.
TKR5212 on the SCT410
TKR5211 on the MT410

I was initially more concerned with overall gearing/speed with a 3270kv motor, but i'd have to look into that more fully and do the calcs for what top theoretical speed that would be if I actually pulled the SCT410 trigger. I have a spare 4068 2650kv surpass motor laying around that i'd rather use and would fit the bill nicely. I'd much rather use something I have vs buying more motors...

Very interested to know how that plays out and whether the 4068 kaiju motor fits on the SCT mount as stock. Keep us updated for sure!
Will do. Unfortunately FedEx has suffered an "operational delay" so, maybe tomorrow?😠
Funny, all day it was out for delivery..
Guess it took all day to figure out that Joe called out sick today? 🤔🤣🤣🍻
Believe it or not, I've considered just yanking all the electronics from the hoss for the sct. Has a ds3225 in it already, and honestly I kinda like the TRX radio..just buy TRX receivers for the rest of the fleet? Idk, just a thought.. the tsm is kinda nice. Thought I'd never say that, but it is.
The downfall thus far for me with the TRX radio is the bt module. My brother has it, but no idea idea how to use. My concern is whether or not I can use one radio and one module to setup 15 different rigs?

Last edited:
I believe it supports up to 25 rigs
I think you're right, I'll have to get a bt module I think if I go that route. I do have 2 tqi radios, so I guess it would be an easy way to update from the GT3b. Which has been a good radio for me for 12 years. I actually have a second one of those too. Unfortunately the range isn't the best nor the ergos..IDK. What's nice about the flysky is $6 receivers and easy adjustments on the fly.

Starting to assemble the goods.. I saw the slash fox edition body and well, had to have it. Duratrax shotgun tires and wheels ordered also.
Trying to hold out on the motor/esc combo..
I really want to try the hoss system before I buy anything.

Screenshot_20220908-191908_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220908-192014_Samsung Internet.jpg

Starting to assemble the goods.. I saw the slash fox edition body and well, had to have it. Duratrax shotgun tires and wheels ordered also.
Trying to hold out on the motor/esc combo..
I really want to try the hoss system before I buy anything.

View attachment 242300

View attachment 242301
Very nice. I just got the Fox shell too for my Slash. I run PL Badlands on my Slash, 6 pack Duratrax on my Senton and also got a set of PL Gladiators. I like the six pack ones best on my track, but they all run pretty decent on dirt track.

Very nice. I just got the Fox shell too for my Slash. I run PL Badlands on my Slash, 6 pack Duratrax on my Senton and also got a set of PL Gladiators. I like the six pack ones best on my track, but they all run pretty decent on dirt track.
Nice! Yeah, I was really eyeing the gladiators, but the cheapness in me put the brakes on🤣🤣
We've tried the badlands, great tires but don't hook on clay that well.

Nice! Yeah, I was really eyeing the gladiators, but the cheapness in me put the brakes on🤣🤣
We've tried the badlands, great tires but don't hook on clay that well.
I keep forgetting you got that hard packed track. With all the pine needles!! 😂

I keep forgetting you got that hard packed track. With all the pine needles!! 😂
Actually the pine needles are minimal, but the surface of the track has been harder this year since it's been a dry summer

I really like the gladiators but $90 vs $50 a set and well, ya know. Heck, as of now it's a one man race since my brother doesn't have an sct (yet).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back