Kraton Kraton 1/10 front diff issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledheadd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Talion
  3. Notorious
I just took my Kraton 4s for its maiden voyage and I noticed that the front wheels do not spin in reverse. If I lift the back wheels off the ground with only the front wheels touching it will not turn the front wheels in reverse only, everything works as it should going forward.
This kind of has me scratching my head, what would cause this? too thin of diff oil? Oil leaked out maybe ?

I just took my Kraton 4s for its maiden voyage and I noticed that the front wheels do not spin in reverse. If I lift the back wheels off the ground with only the front wheels touching it will not turn the front wheels in reverse only, everything works as it should going forward.
This kind of has me scratching my head, what would cause this? too thin of diff oil? Oil leaked out maybe ?
It uses a center driveshaft, so I'm stumped. All four should always spin on at least one front and one rear.

So if I lift truck up tires turn normal both forward and reverse, hold one and the other one spins. Spin both front ones and both back ones turn.
Everything seems normal except once there is weight on front end the tires do not turn in reverse.

My slipper is having issues. I can hold the front tires and only the rear will spin. If I hold the rear it will bog the motor so not sure what's up until I open it up. If you have a loose slipper it should slip the front and rear not just the front.

Your issue is even more weird. Post a video if you can

My slipper is having issues. I can hold the front tires and only the rear will spin. If I hold the rear it will bog the motor so not sure what's up until I open it up. If you have a loose slipper it should slip the front and rear not just the front.

Your issue is even more weird. Post a video if you can

Found my issue. It was a loose slipper. The slipper is a poor design in my opinion. It has 3 sides of the pads that make contact to the rear where the front only has one. The front and rear where also designed to slip independently. So being that the front has 1/3 of the pad contact area it slips well before the rear.

I have taken the front diff apart all seems fine I also have taken the slipper apart and reassembled it. Now everything is working like it should. I’m thinking it was a slipper issue

I have now had the chance to run the truck again,the slipper keeps loosening up.
I tried fully tightened then 3/4 back and it still came loose in a couple hundred feet. I[m going to try fully tightened just to see if it still backs off.
If it does then I'll take it apart and add some loctite.

I have now had the chance to run the truck again,the slipper keeps loosening up.
I tried fully tightened then 3/4 back and it still came loose in a couple hundred feet. I[m going to try fully tightened just to see if it still backs off.
If it does then I'll take it apart and add some loctite.
Add thread lock and let it sit for 24hrs. Should not back out after that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back