KRATON 1/5 esc still flashing red

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drcuface

Reaction score
Hi,

My kraton is still not wirking after changing to new ESC and servo? The ESC still blinks red and idk why it wont work. Do i need reset it or something? The battery is charged and works in a different arrma car. I am using a 6S LIPO. Can anyone help me or lead me the right right?

Hi,

My kraton is still not wirking after changing to new ESC and servo? The ESC still blinks red and idk why it wont work. Do i need reset it or something? The battery is charged and works in a different arrma car. I am using a 6S LIPO. Can anyone help me or lead me the right right?
Was the previous ESC doing the same thing?

Just my two cents but do you have another receiver to test with as well?

Was the previous ESC doing the same thing?

Just my two cents but do you have another receiver to test with as well?
Yup it was flashing like that before i put in a brand new oem esc. I bought a different receiver as well and when i plug it in it still blinking red

With the receiver make sure for the servo its in CH1 and the the ESC is in CH2. What voltage are you getting from the battery?

With the receiver make sure for the servo its in CH1 and the the ESC is in CH2. What voltage are you getting from the battery?
Alright ill double check and make sure! My 6s is 22.2 V . The kraton worked fine for months then i drove thru wet grass with the 6s in and the esc bricked. Replaced it and it worked for a few weeks then drove through wet grass agin and esc/servo bricked and it got replaced again which is now but now light blinking still

Start the setup from scratch, set all trims to zero and recalibrate the ESC. Always start there if you have an issue.

Start the setup from scratch, set all trims to zero and recalibrate the ESC. Always start there if you have an issue

any chance you can clarify how I do this? i always set the trim to 0 on the receiver already?

any chance you can clarify how I do this? i always set the trim to 0 on the receiver already?
Trims on the transmitter itself, make sure they are centered. If it's a dial on your transmitter for trims it probably has a center detent, use that.

Trims on the transmitter itself, make sure they are centered. If it's a dial on your transmitter for trims it probably has a center detent, use that.
Yeah i centered it on the transmitter. The servo doesn't turn or anything and the esc still flashes red i have no idea what to do ):

I have to assume it's a standard Spektrum ESC that comes with the RTR cars.

Have a peek at this, a quick look says flashing red is waiting for you to calibrate it. go through the procedure in this document.https://www.spektrumrc.com/on/deman...on-master/default/Manuals/Firma-Manual-EN.pdf
Yeah its a 160A stock oem thet comes with RTR? Weird last time i just plugged it in did what it told me to pair it and the car ran this time nothing
I have to assume it's a standard Spektrum ESC that comes with the RTR cars.

Have a peek at this, a quick look says flashing red is waiting for you to calibrate it. go through the procedure in this document.https://www.spektrumrc.com/on/deman...on-master/default/Manuals/Firma-Manual-EN.pdf
I did the calibration and nothing happens still blinking red
Do i need to change the BEC and LVC settings?

Yeah its a 160A stock oem thet comes with RTR? Weird last time i just plugged it in did what it told me to pair it and the car ran this time nothing

I did the calibration and nothing happens still blinking red
Do i need to change the BEC and LVC settings?

You don't 'pair' the esc to the car... you pair/bind the transmitter to the receiver and then calibrate the esc.
How did the calibration go? Did you get the flashing green lights? Are you sure the Tx is bound to the Rx? Maybe try the calibration again. No need to adjust BEC and/or LVC settings...

Hi,

A lot of ppl had problems w the servo shortiing reciever ESC. Replace all that way there's no way it shouldn't work. Qi had that same problem and I needed all of the above. Horizon sent everything under warranty and stated it's the servo that shorts out and bricks everything

You don't 'pair' the esc to the car... you pair/bind the transmitter to the receiver and then calibrate the esc.
How did the calibration go? Did you get the flashing green lights? Are you sure the Tx is bound to the Rx? Maybe try the calibration again. No need to adjust BEC and/or LVC settings...
Yeah I am sure its bound the car because i had to do it the previous time when the esc bricked. It still flashing red. I read red blinking light is due to some kind LVC protection ? Idk what that is
A lot of ppl had problems w the servo shortiing reciever ESC. Replace all that way there's no way it shouldn't work. Qi had that same problem and I needed all of the above. Horizon sent everything under warranty and stated it's the servo that shorts out and bricks everything
Yeah idk why the car isnt working. Could it be the motor that needs be replaced too? Or i am just not connected thru receiver?

The steering servo doesn't work either but it is brand new?
If you have no servo movement and the ESC is flashing the receiver is either faulty/not bound to the radio or the ESC is not sending any voltage to the receiver.

Start with rebinding the receiver to the transmitter, you know you've got it when the servo works.

If the servo doesn't work and you can't get it to work, test it by plugging that servo into your other arrma car.

If the servo works on the other car, swap the receiver from the other and the servo back into the problem child. Rebind and try to set up the ESC again.

I suspect your receiver was the thing not working all along and the servo and ESC were fine. If everything works once you swap a different receiver in then it was your receiver.

If you have no servo movement and the ESC is flashing the receiver is either faulty/not bound to the radio or the ESC is not sending any voltage to the receiver.

Start with rebinding the receiver to the transmitter, you know you've got it when the servo works.

If the servo doesn't work and you can't get it to work, test it by plugging that servo into your other arrma car.

If the servo works on the other car, swap the receiver from the other and the servo back into the problem child. Rebind and try to set up the ESC again.

I suspect your receiver was the thing not working all along and the servo and ESC were fine. If everything works once you swap a different receiver in then it was your receiver.
Thanks . I swapped receivers and transmitters to a different brand and binded it and still no movement or anything.

Thanks . I swapped receivers and transmitters to a different brand and binded it and still no movement or anything.
Servo doesn't move either with a new receiver, how did you determine that it was bound if you have no movement.

If that is the case your ESC is probably not sending power to the receiver. If you had a RX battery pack handy I'd say test the receiver/servo without the ESC in the loop at all. You can do this with the stuff you have since you have a spare car. Swap parts in/out, find the part that doesn't work with anything, right now it sounds like it might be the ESC. The question is what has failed on the esc, could be the switch, could be the plug that goes into the receiver ( pin backed out ). No servo movement = no bind + no power to the receiver usually.

Your big problem is you don't know what part has actually failed, your throwing darts and hitting all over the board.

Last edited:
Servo doesn't move either with a new receiver, how did you determine that it was bound if you have no movement.

If that is the case your ESC is probably not sending power to the receiver. If you had a RX battery pack handy I'd say test the receiver/servo without the ESC in the loop at all. You can do this with the stuff you have since you have a spare car. Swap parts in/out, find the part that doesn't work with anything, right now it sounds like it might be the ESC. The question is what has failed on the esc, could be the switch, could be the plug that goes into the receiver ( pin backed out ). No servo movement = no bind + no power to the receiver usually.

Your big problem is you don't know what part has actually failed, your throwing darts and hitting all over the board.
Yeah I honestly don't know what patt is messed up i just been changing everything maybe i domt know how to calibrate or i plugged something in wrong.

The receiver. Transmitter i got was binded by default and once I plugged it all in the receiver and transmitter were both on

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back