Kraton 1/8 scale ultimate basher/racer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a race class for something like a kraton/MT?

I run Talion axles and hubs to reduce the width slightly, and the car is pretty tough when you set it up as light as possible, remove the cage and tower to tower brace, get rid of the front stone guards if you like, get a good set of race tyres and replace all the fluids with a track set-up and you'll be amazed how the thing drives.

It will help it compete, but it won't be as quick as a race kit with a proper tune. The car will be fun and fast and you will know if you want to race it then.

I run a set-up like a race truggy

~7k front 10k centre 3-5k rear diff fluid
~35-40 front and 30-32 rear shock oil

If you don't change the fluids the car won't turn in at the track.

Set your pre load really light, so the ride height drops, you can set your droop screws to reduce the amount the wheel will travel. Make sure your sway bars are set really loose, I removed the covers on my diff housings to allow the sway bar to move a lot. Get your toe and camber set up well and you'll get so much more traction.

Have fun!

These photos are very old I've made a few changes since this:

20190623_144221.jpg
20190708_182015-01.jpeg
20190708_181950-02.jpeg

I run Talion axles and hubs to reduce the width slightly, and the car is pretty tough when you set it up as light as possible, remove the cage and tower to tower brace, get rid of the front stone guards if you like, get a good set of race tyres and replace all the fluids with a track set-up and you'll be amazed how the thing drives.

It will help it compete, but it won't be as quick as a race kit with a proper tune. The car will be fun and fast and you will know if you want to race it then.

I run a set-up like a race truggy

~7k front 10k centre 3-5k rear diff fluid
~35-40 front and 30-32 rear shock oil

If you don't change the fluids the car won't turn in at the track.

Set your pre load really light, so the ride height drops, you can set your droop screws to reduce the amount the wheel will travel. Make sure your sway bars are set really loose, I removed the covers on my diff housings to allow the sway bar to move a lot. Get your toe and camber set up well and you'll get so much more traction.

Have fun!

These photos are very old I've made a few changes since this:

View attachment 144927View attachment 144926View attachment 144925
How do you keep it so clean?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back