Kraton 4s and typhon 3s diff oils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenj76

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I own both these vehicles, but I don’t know much about diff oil , what is the reason for the typhon having 10000 and the kraton having 6000

You need to fill the cup so just a little leaks back out on reassembly. Not sure why the 4S come with lighter oil. I’ve upped mine quite a bit across the board. I like 100k up front and 20k rear.

You need to fill the cup so just a little leaks back out on reassembly. Not sure why the 4S come with lighter oil. I’ve upped mine quite a bit across the board. I like 100k up front and 20k rear.
Hi Jon, not sure I’d change my oils from how they came , I love they way my kraton drives and I’ve been very happy with it in general, the main reason I ask as the wheels spin on the kraton more easily , I think I can tell there’s thicker in the typhon , got me thinking why though . What did you feel you gained from the change in yours and are you referring to the kraton 4s ?

Hi Jon, not sure I’d change my oils from how they came , I love they way my kraton drives and I’ve been very happy with it in general, the main reason I ask as the wheels spin on the kraton more easily , I think I can tell there’s thicker in the typhon , got me thinking why though . What did you feel you gained from the change in yours and are you referring to the kraton 4s ?
The change I was looking for was more even power delivery side to side. Without a center diff, we get 50/50 front to rear already. But there are times when bashing that the power unloads to one side and that costs me speed and tires. When the power unloads to one side, tires don’t stay glued for very long. I would rather have the front wheels more even power, but if you do that to the rear, you get a lot of understeer under power.

All that said, if the stock fluid works for you, by all means run it. Don’t fix what isn’t broken. ??

Thanks Jon, so by adding the much heavier at the front you’re almost locking it so to speak limiting the way the front tyre that lifts would balloon crazy normally

Thanks Jon, so by adding the much heavier at the front you’re almost locking it so to speak limiting the way the front tyre that lifts would balloon crazy normally
Yes that’s the hope, to reduce one tire from getting all the power, leading to excessive ballooning, blowing tires.

Thanks Jon , I would still love to know why the heavier oil in the 3 s line , might have something to do with the higher Kv motor or the lighter weight vehicle

Thanks Jon , I would still love to know why the heavier oil in the 3 s line , might have something to do with the higher Kv motor or the lighter weight vehicle
Good observation. Good question. (y) :cool:
But maybe has to do with tire size difference and roll out of same??? Different power delivery between the 2 models?? Arrma is usually dead on with there R and D. IDK.

Good observation. Good question. (y) :cool:
But maybe has to do with tire size difference and roll out of same??? Different power delivery between the 2 models?? Arrma is usually dead on with there R and D. IDK.
I thought about the tire size but the granite 3 s has tyres which give it a tyre to car ratio similar to the kraton yet it has 10000 weight too. The search goes on

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back