Kraton Kraton 4S - Bad Servo Saver? Video enclosed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sissupr

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Took the Kraton out and hit the curb (lol) not too bad. Wasn’t woot, but anyway right after the steering wouldn’t center. After checking the links, bell crank assembly, etc... I noticed there is a lot of play in the steering rack (left or right)... I took out the new Hexfly servo I just installed and noticed that the saver was not always moving when it should... anyway. I took a video and you can see it has some play, hence the steering won’t center after left or right which tells me it’s the saver or the servo. I took the saver off the servo and noticed the saver wasn’t flat... guess the saver is bad?

Was going to upgrade it anyway to the Kimbrough 124 (black)... but just wanted to get anyone’s feedback that has come across this.

? and thanks

89B6DD6C-4FAA-41D5-B507-5923599F0AD9.jpeg
D81F22FF-1C33-4EF7-8299-678248524C97.jpeg

Even with a Kimbrough servo saver, which are known to be good, i can have this kind of play. Maybe going for the HR one?

I did pretty bad hits on one wheel on the ground with bad landings, i didn't see any play in the servo saver of my BRCC when i changed the steering servo recently.

I just replaced the saver with this... had to dremel off the length to the 1st screw hole... all fixed play is gone. Yea, think I might go the HR route instead of the Kimbrough when this breaks (hopefully not) Man, I think I’m getting these cars lol... at least for today that is!

Attachments

• 6E7AE326-69AB-4017-97E1-27BA56E3A088.jpeg
    6E7AE326-69AB-4017-97E1-27BA56E3A088.jpeg
    408.7 KB · Views: 67
Ok, just learned something again lol. I’ll throw the stock saver back in!

just so I understand... how come some RCs don’t have savers and others do...?

edit: I just google‘d it. Guess it just saves, hence the name the servo against exactly what ended up happening... I’m assuming I saved my servo with the hit to the curb, and the saver took the brunt of it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back