Kraton Kraton 4S BLX/Horizon Hobby horrible customer service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah. Until October, apparently.
I don’t understand how you think that’s acceptable. I mean, sure this is an Arrma forum, but god damned here’s some diehard fanboys here. This is utter insanity.
It has nothing to do with being a fanboy. We are just being honest with you. Any rig you buy will end up costing you double the sticker price. You're on here going on about how unacceptable it is that you have to be patient, well feel free to purchase another brand and see how that goes when you're snapping those available parts 3 times as fast.

If parts availability is that much of a hassle for you I suggest the next time you want to buy an RC you go see what your Local shop carries first. Because online you'll always be fighting for parts. Watch Jenny's RC when they update their stock.

I don’t know man, I think if they’re telling us to “Blast” then they shouldn’t have a supply chain issue with parts...

They probably have to divide up the manufacturing time among their factories to support the new/old releases (4S Line) as well as make the parts for the new releases (Infraction/Limitless) and support this as well. I know it’s hard but just wait until the Limitless guys obliterate theirs on the first run lol

what the hell are you smoking, if you think buying two trucks is a reasonable solution, whereas the part required is around a fiver?

If you’ve got that kind of spare cash, go on and buy one for me.
I think what he was implying is that this $5 part will be the first of many you end up breaking. You can all but guarantee you will end up spending several hundreds on parts unless you drive it around in a circle in your yard. In any event I don't think @olds97_lss was advocating for a second truck as a solution.
Sorry, yeah, that isn't what I was saying as a "good solution" to your issue. Was just saying that because with most RC's, within the first year, you have put almost as much as it cost at least 2 times into it, especially if you "send it" like a lot of guys on here do. So, while I was half kidding about not being able to afford 2 when you buy it, it ends up going that way down the line. So biting the bullet and getting 2 now would at least help you with your parts problem.

In the end, I think it's stupid that you can't get parts for a new vehicle for months. It definitely doesn't help any manufacturer to operate that way. Gets people in the door, then ticks them off like it clearly has you as well as some others.

It has nothing to do with being a fanboy. We are just being honest with you. Any rig you buy will end up costing you double the sticker price.
end up, maybe, but the suggestion that I “buy another kit” if insane, and infuriating. you’re all making excuses for really awful customer service/experience.

As for, “check your local hobby shop” - you’re assuming there is such a thing.

For weeks before choosing to buy, everyone was raving Arrma, Arrma, Arrma. now I’ve bought one, and can’t get parts, the arrma community’s response is, just deal with it. Wait until october.

There’s no fiddlesticking plane of reality where that’s a suitable response. None.

This here thread is about people having horrific issues with support. Apologists and fanboys are not what we need. Support from Arrma is what we need.

For weeks before choosing to buy, everyone was raving Arrma, Arrma, Arrma. now I’ve bought one, and can’t get parts, the arrma community’s response is, just deal with it. Wait until october.
Did they tell you to buy a model the minute it came out?

Did they tell you to buy a model the minute it came out?
nobody mentioned anything about it having just come out. I didn’t have any idea until people started making excuses for why there’s no parts. Which is still not an excuse for not having parts.

end up, maybe, but the suggestion that I “buy another kit” if insane, and infuriating. you’re all making excuses for really awful customer service/experience.

As for, “check your local hobby shop” - you’re assuming there is such a thing.

There’s no fiddlesticking plane of reality where that’s a suitable response. None.

This here thread is about people having horrific issues with support. Apologists and fanboys are not what we need. Support from Arrma is what we need.
Look, man. I feel your pain. I went through this when I got my Granite Mega 4x4. Spur gears were like hens teeth. But between eBay and Jenny's RC I was able to source parts. I would bet my left nut you don't have to wait until October for your part.

Also, FWIW, parts availability isn't really a customer service issue. It's not like they have them and told you to get f@cked because you whined too much. Horizon can't give you what they don't have. If you keep checking Jenny's RC and eBay you will get your parts.

nobody mentioned anything about it having just come out. I didn’t have any idea until people started making excuses for why there’s no parts. Which is still not an excuse for not having parts.
I guess if you don't want the "community response", send emails to horizon, call horizon. This place is not sponsored or supported by arrma. It's just a place where those that buy arrma can discuss it. Even if I was a "fan boy", I doubt I'd be happy with the response of "wait 3 months for parts" either.

@Sion Jones, I know it’s a hard pill to swallow but I hope it doesn’t deter you too far from the brand. One nice thing about the popularity of Arrma is that places like JennysRC breaks the kits and sells new parts close to half off. Just keep checking everyday a couple times and day and you’ll get them. We’ve all been there brother. Hopefully Arrma gets it together soon.

I guess if you don't want the "community response", send emails to horizon, call horizon. This place is not sponsored or supported by arrma. It's just a place where those that buy arrma can discuss it. Even if I was a "fan boy", I doubt I'd be happy with the response of "wait 3 months for parts" either.
I have contacted arrma and horizon, and the distributors. They passed me from one to the other, then said October at the earliest.
@Sion Jones, I know it’s a hard pill to swallow but I hope it doesn’t deter you too far from the brand. One nice thing about the popularity of Arrma is that places like JennysRC breaks the kits and sells new parts close to half off. Just keep checking everyday a couple times and day and you’ll get them. We’ve all been there brother. Hopefully Arrma gets it together soon.
How could it NOT deter me from the brand? The customer support is truly awful, and everyone here seems fine with that.
There's not many positives here.
It's turned a hobby I was looking forward to getting back into for ages, into a total chore.
Spend £500, wait till October to use it? That's not RC fun, that's more like investment banking.

When you can't find parts, Jenny's is the answer. Just gotta keep watching for the parts to show up. Here's to hoping that RPM starts making parts for the 4s line.

Speaking of Jenny’s, have you guys seen the price of the Typhon 3S axles and stubs now???? I paid like $30 for them a couple months ago lol
They have some 4S stuff in stock...you guys may as well stock up now...

Yep they are $46.47 here. I did an order from Jenny's a week or two ago for some back up bits. I didn't choose the drive shafts as I'm thinking I will go Hot Racing unless someone with experience with them posts that they are rubbish

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back