Kraton 4s body swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you can but you will have to make your own holes and it won’t fit perfectly. I have never done it before.

The outcast body is shorter than the kraton as with the whole wheelbase. You’d be talented if you got it to fit without looking weird. If you try it, Please let us know how it came out. Good luck!
Little plexiglass to extend and badda bing, it'll fit, just look a bit junk yard ;)

Thanks. Also I was looking to paint mine satin kind of like the the arrrma drift truck that's name I can never remember. Every other body out there has kind of a glossy look to it. Does the drift truck get painted on the outside or something?

If you’re talking about the infraction, I’m almost positive it’s painted on the inside with matte paint. If it was painted on the outside the paint would get ruined quick.

If you’re talking about the infraction, I’m almost positive it’s painted on the inside with matte paint. If it was painted on the outside the paint would get ruined quick.
Painting on the inside will make is shiny on the outside. If he's wanting to go matte the best option is to etch the outside and paint the inside. You can take the shine away from lexan with some good paint thinner, you just have to make sure you get it coated evenly and not too heavily, runs will show in the etch but if you can spray it on evenly it will etch the plastic nicely. You can also use a matte clear coat on the outside if you wanna make it easier...

At any rate, I wouldn't put color on the outside of the body as when it gets damaged it will show a lot more than if the color is on the inside with an etched or clear coated outside ;)

So that's why the infractionsame body looks so different, because they use thinner on the body and etch it? It's the only on that I've ever seen that doesn't have any shine on it.
Not sure how they etch to be exact but I'm betting it is a mask and spray a solvent method since I think that's the only way to get the nice matte without paint...

Can you recommend me a good painter, preferably from the forum.
Painting is pretty easy, you just need to get paints that adhere to lexan. This was my first attempt trying to paint my own body using Rustoleum paints...the red did not adhere well, look closely at the top and you'll see it pulling away, Rustoleumisn'tgood for lexan apparently :(

That said, all I did was paint the front black and tried to "fade" as much as possible then painted the red on top of that. I like the look if it weren't for the paint bubbles so may try again in the future...

My suggestion is if you want matte on the outside to etch first. Just tried with a paper towel soaked in acetone and that seems to work pretty well but you gotta wipe evenly and at an even pace ;)

EDIT: forgot to add, you'll never get good yourself if you have others do it for you. Even if it doesn't come out perfect it can still look good with stickers ;)

Attachments

• 20200814_154838.jpg
    20200814_154838.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200807_025234.jpg
    20200807_025234.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back