Kraton Kraton 4s - chassis upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s not really a need so you won’t find any. Stock parts last a while and are super cheap. Metal parts would make it too heavy.

gotcha. Had a V4 and finding upgrades was easier, but totally get it with the 4S. It is still new as well and not every upgrade similarly vs the V4 make sense. ??

gotcha. Had a V4 and finding upgrades was easier, but totally get it with the 4S. It is still new as well and not every upgrade similarly vs the V4 make sense. ??
I've seen some guys on Instagram that use an aluminum add on from GPM for the 3s. My understanding is the 4s chassis is the same
20191008_194802.jpg

I've seen some guys on Instagram that use an aluminum add on from GPM for the 3s. My understanding is the 4s chassis is the sameView attachment 50322
And yes I know its GPM, but for a part like this, it's really just a little extra reinforcement and not an integral part of the truck

I would just be careful about adding weight. The u-joints, the hubs, the slipper. All of these parts are already taxed.

And yes I know its GPM, but for a part like this, it's really just a little extra reinforcement and not an integral part of the truck

I think this GPM tower reinforcement is a good buy. I've broken a stock tower on my 3s BRCC and no question I would've been better off with that aluminum piece.
Jenny's offers a cheap stock replacement but the work and cost would've been unnecessary had I bought that tower cover.

Here's my March 25 2019 break and it was only a couple feet off the ground but easily at 45mph. So cool when it happened and was on a new setup.
badlands 2.8 and old-style extensions for a couple days feelin strong ...and then the flip. I laughed right away and then went to Jenny's. Also ebay specials for shocks with fuel tubing.
I guess yes on the GPM tower caps. Wish I had some. Doesn't matter to me who makes em yet. I think GPM is only ones we can buy easily so far.

1570591316496.png

A chassis upgrade is not needed especially in a 3s rig. If the berm sends at the BMX park didn't crack my Kraton 4s chassis then I don't see why anyone would need something stronger. Plus there is the added weight to consider. I'm sure people would buy them though because people will by anything ?

I've broken one chassis and it was my BRCC I'm the cold when I landed on a rock. It was probably a freak occurrence. I've really sent my 1/10 scale trucks in the 18 months I've owned them. Oh, and only one shock tower as well. They are tough little bastards.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back