Kraton Kraton 4S differential problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bars&tone RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
Hi everyone! I wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with the Arrma Kraton 4S with the rear diff tearing itself apart on a regular basis? I did notice from the factory the slipper clutch was adjusted fully tight I have adjusted that to factory spec now and I just ordered the hot racing yolks and Diff case. But just wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar problem?

Hi everyone! I wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with the Arrma Kraton 4S with the rear diff tearing itself apart on a regular basis? I did notice from the factory the slipper clutch was adjusted fully tight I have adjusted that to factory spec now and I just ordered the hot racing yolks and Diff case. But just wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar problem?

there he is! this is the place to ask for sure buddy.. ? glad to see ya here, and glad you were already a member.. ?

I had some issues with mine aswell from bashing and punch setting too high. Stock punch and running it at 75% throttle has been excellent. I also lowred the diff fluid to 10k in the rear. I tried a little higher but it was a bad idea as they will lockup and you give it to much power.

Just run them as close to stock and you shouldn't blow them out anymore.

I had some issues with mine aswell from bashing and punch setting too high. Stock punch and running it at 75% throttle has been excellent. I also lowred the diff fluid to 10k in the rear. I tried a little higher but it was a bad idea as they will lockup and you give it to much power.

Just run them as close to stock and you shouldn't blow them out anymore.
Stock diff fluid in the 4S is 5K ??‍♂️

I'm thinking of going to Hot racing all metal diff gears set-up for my Kraton 4s. Is this a Good idea?
if so- what would be a good diff fluid to use?

I'm thinking of going to Hot racing all metal diff gears set-up for my Kraton 4s. Is this a Good idea?
How do you use the K4S? I assume just general bashing. If so, 20k to 30k would be where I would start. I don’t know much about the difference an all metal diff would change the need to adjust fluid viscosity. I’m not sure anyone here has bought them yet to be sure.

If you break something no way to ge spare diff seals or anything from hot racing get the hot racing diff yokes and it whould fix everything
How do you use the K4S? I assume just general bashing. If so, 20k to 30k would be where I would start. I don’t know much about the difference an all metal diff would change the need to adjust fluid viscosity. I’m not sure anyone here has bought them yet to be sure.
Someone i fellow did on youtube convertd the outcast 4s to 6s but car is so heavy and was tested so far with the infraction tires on

CBE7674B-04DD-47CD-AAEB-779E3A74BC8E.jpeg

When i had my kraton 4s it always used to strip diffs. I got annoyed and sold it lol

When i had my kraton 4s it always used to strip diffs. I got annoyed and sold it lol
ok this helped me, was considering a 4s Kraton but i've read to many negative reviews saying it can't manage the power without breaking diffs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back