Kraton 4S Dual Motor Fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UK_Russ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hello all,

I’ve been having a blast with my K4S in the 4 months I’ve owned it. It’s taken an absolute beating and asked for nothing!
One thing I wanted to address though is that sometimes the motor can get quite hot to the touch. Understandably, this only happens when I’m speeding around grassy fields racing friends and having a lot of full throttle fun.

So, to give the motor some added protection for these situations I was going to fit a secondary standard fan alongside the existing one. I’ve seen it’s possible to mount the fans no problem. You just lose one or two bolts on each fan due to the two fans being slight larger than the heat sink.

My question is though, for powering the second fan, would I be ok to just get a Y lead and just split the power supply from the ESC? Would it cause too much heat using the standard lead to power two fans? Or would the fans only turn at half speed, making them essentially the same as one full speed fan and therefore pointless? Sorry if they’re dumb questions but I’m not too savvy on electronics and currents etc.

Thanks for any help ??????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back