Kraton Kraton 4S - GPM differential yokes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bk161278

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hi guys,

got me a Kraton 4 s recently and thought about upgrading the differntial yokes as these seem to be a real issue in the 4s line (?).
The Hot racing stuff is completely sold out seemingly so I checked for other products and found yokes from GPM:
https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-big-...erential-yoke-4pc-set-gpm-mag012-p-14402.html

Now these are labelled only for Granite and Big Rock, but as the original part is the same on all of them I figured these would work too.
Has anyone experiences with those or GPM stuff in general? Price is about the same, but as I need 2 I don't want to spend 60+ bucks on crap.

Besides these and the bearings, are there any other essential upgrades to get? I already have some metal shocks which I will put in.

Thanks for your feedback!

Hi guys,

got me a Kraton 4 s recently and thought about upgrading the differntial yokes as these seem to be a real issue in the 4s line (?).
The Hot racing stuff is completely sold out seemingly so I checked for other products and found yokes from GPM:
https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-big-...erential-yoke-4pc-set-gpm-mag012-p-14402.html

Now these are labelled only for Granite and Big Rock, but as the original part is the same on all of them I figured these would work too.
Has anyone experiences with those or GPM stuff in general? Price is about the same, but as I need 2 I don't want to spend 60+ bucks on crap.

Besides these and the bearings, are there any other essential upgrades to get? I already have some metal shocks which I will put in.

Thanks for your feedback!
Gpm metal is mostly poop its casted alluminum hot racing is cnc machined

Well, it says 6061 aluminium, same as Hot Racing. But ok, then I wait until the Hot Racing come back in stock.
The stock yokes should hold for a while I hope(?). I will use only 3s, it's fast enough with that.

Any other recommendations regarding upgrades?

Well, it says 6061 aluminium, same as Hot Racing. But ok, then I wait until the Hot Racing come back in stock.
The stock yokes should hold for a while I hope(?). I will use only 3s, it's fast enough with that.

Any other recommendations regarding upgrades?
Bearings,shocks,pivot balls
Casted metal is weaker than metal cut by a machine.

Ok, Shocks and pivot balls I have covered, Bearings is on the list and the yokes I will get as soon as I can get.

Thx guys

The Kraton 4s already 17mm metal hexes, the tires are not too bad as well, but might be something for the future. For now I am looking at minimizing maintenance by swapping out known pain points, which it seems is the items said above.

I would get the HR 17mm hexes when they come back in stock. Having a real 17mm nut is essential to me. Those silly 8mm flange nuts are horrible. They fall off way too easy.

In your profile it says you have the bigrock crew crab 4x4 though it was the car you had
I personally against the adaptors i don't like making the shaft longer and putting more stress on everything thats just my view of it just get spare nuts(i should because 2 days ago i was trying to f8nd my nut in middle of leaves and i found it after 15 mins idk how) can put a few drops of locktite if you really don't want them to come off for me its always the left rear

In your profile it says you have the bigrock crew crab 4x4 though it was the car you had
I personally against the adaptors i don't like making the shaft longer and putting more stress on everything thats just my view of it just get spare nuts(i should because 2 days ago i was trying to f8nd my nut in middle of leaves and i found it after 15 mins idk how) can put a few drops of locktite if you really don't want them to come off for me its always the left rear
Just swapped that out, I had the crew cab on back order, and after 5 weeks gave up on it. In Europe seems to be nearly all on backorder now, spare parts are getting rare too.
I'll put at least some replacement nuts on the list then, thanks for the hint!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back