Kraton Kraton 4S Hot Racing hexes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Just wanted to give y’all some pics of the before and after on the Hot Racing hexes for the 4S line. I know @bicketybam did a nice install video, so I won’t try to replicate that. But I was curious just how much added width it was going to add to an already wide truck (IMO).

Hot Racing TFF17XT01 Aluminum 17mm Hex Hubs 10mm Offset Arrma 1/10 4S BLX

Stock width:
B84653FB-EE67-4F9B-8DE3-72904973FAC1.jpeg

With HR hex:
8681E13E-7525-4702-9298-60CF948C1C2D.jpeg

Here’s to hoping the stock arms hold up long enough for my RPM arms to arrive. I’m worried the added width is going to break the stock arms even faster, if that’s possible. I’m just glad I don’t have to deal with the 8mm nuts anymore.

The stock arms have been really reliable for me i don't quite like how more wide the car will become. And they are cheap like 2 for 7.99? While the rpms are almost double the cost maybe they going to pop out the pins out when flexing that one of the common problems on a few models because of the added softness of the plastic
Edit: Forget about what i said about the pins they cant pop out in those rigs. But i would worry about them bowing after a little while

Just wanted to give y’all some pics of the before and after on the Hot Racing hexes for the 4S line. I know @bicketybam did a nice install video, so I won’t try to replicate that. But I was curious just how much added width it was going to add to an already wide truck (IMO).

Stock width:
View attachment 50286

With HR hex:
View attachment 50287

Here’s to hoping the stock arms hold up long enough for my RPM arms to arrive. I’m worried the added width is going to break the stock arms even faster, if that’s possible. I’m just glad I don’t have to deal with the 8mm nuts anymore.

Saw the video from bicketybam a few days ago and now your post,... looks great, I will order them also for my 4s.

The stock arms have been really reliable for me i don't quite like how more wide the car will become. And they are cheap like 2 for 7.99? While the rpms are almost double the cost maybe they going to pop out the pins out when flexing that one of the common problems on a few models because of the added softness of the plastic
Edit: Forget about what i said about the pins they cant pop out in those rigs. But i would worry about them bowing after a little while
Well I have bought 3 sets of stock arms and have ordered and yet to receive the RPM arms. If you ever need to replace the arms, just buy the RPMs. You’ll be replacing a lot of stock ones if you drive like me. Buy one set and done.

Well I have bought 3 sets of stock arms and have ordered and yet to receive the RPM arms. If you ever need to replace the arms, just buy the RPMs. You’ll be replacing a lot of stock ones if you drive like me. Buy one set and done.
welcome back brother?????

Stock width:
View attachment 50286

With HR hex:
View attachment 50287

What shocks are you using? I see they are not stock and I am unsure what other ones will fit the kraton 4s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back