Kraton Kraton 4S is a rollercoaster of hate/like.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't blame you for not getting a real spektrum radio. If I never had a real spektrum radio before and got the StX2 as an example of spektrum, I never would look at any Spektrum again also.
What do you mean not getting a real Spektrum. I thought the DX5 was a Spektrum, or did I smoke myself retarded again?
And my Noto came with the Tactic.

What do you mean not getting a real Spektrum. I thought the DX5 was a Spektrum, or did I smoke myself retarded again?
And my Noto came with the Tactic.
He's saying that he doesn't blame someone for not opting for one of the better Spektrums after their bad experience with the STX2. It sours them on the brand.

I will say the only thing I don't like about my Kraton 6s is the STX2 radio that came with it. It almost feels dangerous to use it! I want to get a Tactic to replace it ASAP.

I will say the only thing I don't like about my Kraton 6s is the STX2 radio that came with it. It almost feels dangerous to use it! I want to get a Tactic to replace it ASAP.
You know it's bad when people are clamoring for the Tactic. Not that the Tactic is bad. It's just good.

He's saying that he doesn't blame someone for not opting for one of the better Spektrums after their bad experience with the STX2. It sours them on the brand.
Ahhh, smoked myself stupid, gotcha. He confused me by quoting me and I know I didn't mention not getting a Spektrum.

Ahhh, smoked myself stupid, gotcha. He confused me by quoting me and I know I didn't mention not getting a Spektrum.
They don't call it dope for nothing!
My HS gym teacher used to say that ?

They don't call it dope for nothing!
My HS gym teacher used to say that ?
I think everyone's HS gym teacher said that.
Mine too!

Of course I'm pretty sure he was always high....

And everyone's HS gym teacher was high because they were a gym teacher. You'd smoke too.

I think everyone's HS gym teacher said that.

And everyone's HS gym teacher was high because they were a gym teacher. You'd smoke too.

I went to school in one of the wealthiest counties in NY. School taxes were over 10k in 1985. Gym teacher got paid 6 figures. I'd be high on life!

Reel it in people. Let’s get back to giving Arrma a pass for putting out a bad product that requires extra money/ time/ know how to get to some semblance of right.

Reel it in people. Let’s get back to giving Arrma a pass for putting out a bad product that requires extra money/ time/ know how to get to some semblance of right.
Someone's salty ?

And my Noto came with the
Any spektrum radio that has DSMR technology. DX5C Rugged, the pro etc. These are the higher end upgrade radios. Those radios can hang with big boys. The gripping is more balanced. Just not the StX2. The StX2 doesn't even remotely resemble any midrange Spektrum radio.

It just feels to me like the Traxxas trick of giving you some crappy components forcing you to upgrade them.

I went with flysky GT5, It’s such an upgrade from the Tactics, and at 8$ for a receiver it’s a no brainer. I considered Spektrum at first but not after this fiasco.

The FSGT5 is a great radio, especially for the price!

The slipper is crap. I have had issues with it my self. I really wish they would make a center diff fit the 3s and 4s line
I hope they make one as an upgrade. Traxxas does have one for the slash and rustler etc. I’ve got one in my slash premium lol it actually is great upgrade for the truck. Knock on wood but I haven’t had any issues with my Kraton 4S yet including the radio besides not liking the feel of it. I didn’t buy it to bash extremely hard though I have the Kraton 6S and Nero for that haha ?

Nice review razorrc!

Got the steering fixed.
Ordered some losi 8ight 5mm turnbuckles. The stock turnbuckles bent easily and the ends basically were garage after a few runs. The 5mm losi rods and ends are solid and slop free. So I installed those up front. Installed the HR steering assembly. That allowed the losi ends to fit. I also installed the HR servo saver kit. The servo saver is much tighter than the stock one. Installed a hitec 7955tg servo too. This truck finally steers the way it should.

Attachments

• 20190712_193744.jpg
    20190712_193744.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 31
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back