Kraton Kraton 4S is a rollercoaster of hate/like.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My .02.

In general, I prefer the Flysky FS-GT5 over the RC6GS. The RC6GS is good for crawlers, and I think it's better for that, but the Flysky is head and shoulders above it in terms of feel and control for bashing.

I also think the STX2 problem is a bit overstated. I have TONS of radios (I probably have about 10 reviews of aftermarket radios on my channel), and yes, it's not good, but for an RTR it's about par. The problem is that it's being compared to the previous radio, which WAS good. It's like drinking wine. You never really want to drink a good bottle of wine, because then all those $20 bottles you usually drink start tasting like crap.
I like your videos. Thanks for sharing a lot with this community. RazorRC is up there in my book. I agree completely. Great analogy.

I just bought another one of these as a prime deal. It made programming the brake servo in my 5T E-conversion a piece of cake. The receivers are dirt cheap as it can be used with multiple models & it has 600M range - yeah 600M, perfect for speedruns I guess. My only gripe with it is that I bump the channel switches sometimes when turning but other than that, it's a awesome radio.
I got one when they were on sale for $50 a few weeks back. I’m still learning it, but I think it’s gonna be better than the Tactic once I get it dialed in. So many features and options.

I got one when they were on sale for $50 a few weeks back. I’m still learning it, but I think it’s gonna be better than the Tactic once I get it dialed in. So many features and options.
The Radiolink is feature rich. Yes, it will blow away the Tactic by comparison. Honestly, I am spoiled when it comes to real radios that provide expo, "accurate"endpoint, and fast response times of at least 11ms or faster. The control cannot be described any better than actually owning a radio set with those features. And Multi-model radios, although costing more initially, are actually more practical if you have more than one rig. Why keep buying that additional single-model radio for every rig you add to your collection?

Last edited:
The Radiolink is feature rich. Yes, it will blow away the Tactic by comparison. Honestly, I am spoiled when it comes to real radios that provide expo, "accurate"endpoint, and fast response times of at least 11ms or faster. The control cannot be described any better than actually owning a radio set with those features. And Multi-model radios, although costing more initially, are actually more practical if you have more than one rig. Why keep buying that additional single-model radio for every rig you add to your collection?
The only reason I haven’t bought a rx for my Granite is because sometimes I like to let someone drive it while I drive the Typhon. Otherwise I would just use one tx for both cars.

The only reason I haven’t bought a rx for my Granite is because sometimes I like to let someone drive it while I drive the Typhon. Otherwise I would just use one tx for both cars.
This is the only downside to having only one radio. How are you supposed to let your friends join in on the fun too lol

This is the only downside to having only one radio. How are you supposed to let your friends join in on the fun too lol
They need to get their own ?

I agree. I have Some Tactics for certain rigs. Being able to bash with others, my son etc, more than 1 rig at a time is a fun. That criteria is almost an imperative.:) One of my Axial Crawlers has two receivers mounted. One Spektrum rx and one Tactic rx. I can alternate TX's as needed. The difference in control is also very apparent. And it works for me.

Last edited:
My .02.

In general, I prefer the Flysky FS-GT5 over the RC6GS. The RC6GS is good for crawlers, and I think it's better for that, but the Flysky is head and shoulders above it in terms of feel and control for bashing.

I also think the STX2 problem is a bit overstated. I have TONS of radios (I probably have about 10 reviews of aftermarket radios on my channel), and yes, it's not good, but for an RTR it's about par. The problem is that it's being compared to the previous radio, which WAS good. It's like drinking wine. You never really want to drink a good bottle of wine, because then all those $20 bottles you usually drink start tasting like crap.
Can you do a review of the bumborc 6channel with gyro transmitter? Its 30usd

Why would it be a joke? It has 6 chanel a gyro 400 metter of range better than the crappry stx2 anyway
Also has abs
There are a few members on here who have them. Find them and ask or start a thread about it.

Why would it be a joke? It has 6 chanel a gyro 400 metter of range better than the crappry stx2 anyway
Also has abs
Honestly, I could not find any results on that radio. I wanted to see it. Can't find it. Can you link that here. Not knocking it at all.

Last edited:
DUMBORC-X6 2.4G 6 Channel RC Transmitter with Gyro Inside Receiver for Remote Car/Boat/Tank Mixed Mode Remote Controller (Reciver with Gyro) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q112TQF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_eGmmDbMF4Q7NC

Iirc Banggood also sells them, they are a bit cheaper but ship via slow boat.
I used fast shipping from banggood 5$ took 1week to get it
On banggood its 30usd vs 50usd on amazon.com
Arround 30ish usd i used banggood points for 10% off tho
I used fast shipping from banggood 5$ took 1week to get it
On banggood its 30usd vs 50usd on amazon.com
Arround 30ish usd i used banggood points for 10% off tho

Attachments

• IMG_0311.PNG
    IMG_0311.PNG
    684.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
They asked me if I wanted to review the Dumborc radio, and I declined. Who knows, it may be a good radio, but in general I have not had good experiences with any radio under $50. It's just impossible to build a radio/receiver with the feel, response, and quality I'm looking for in that type of price range, and would rather see someone pick up a chop-shop Tactic TTX300 or DX2E or something like that if you really are on that tight of a budget.

But honestly, the difference between the STX2 and every other RTR radio is pretty small IMO. Unless your radio is cutting out or the range isn't far enough or something, I'd just keep it and save up my money for a FS-GT5 or DX5C. If you get amain e-mails, the DX5C and Rugged are both 15% off right now.

They asked me if I wanted to review the Dumborc radio, and I declined. Who knows, it may be a good radio, but in general I have not had good experiences with any radio under $50. It's just impossible to build a radio/receiver with the feel, response, and quality I'm looking for in that type of price range, and would rather see someone pick up a chop-shop Tactic TTX300 or DX2E or something like that if you really are on that tight of a budget.

But honestly, the difference between the STX2 and every other RTR radio is pretty small IMO. Unless your radio is cutting out or the range isn't far enough or something, I'd just keep it and save up my money for a FS-GT5 or DX5C. If you get amain e-mails, the DX5C and Rugged are both 15% off right now.
My kraton went full speed into a car who was parked with the stx2... and the steering wheel was so oversized

My kraton went full speed into a car who was parked with the stx2... and the steering wheel was so oversized

What.??! OK, that's pretty bad, I'd get Horizon to fix that for you, a radio shouldn't do that.

STX2 has range issues, lag in the response to inputs, random signal loss and even lack of response to inputs like people loosing reverse completely. I have never seen so many people have so many issues with any other rtr radio. Comparing the STX2 to the TTX 300 is like comparing a Geo to a Cadillac.
What.??! OK, that's pretty bad, I'd get Horizon to fix that for you, a radio shouldn't do that.
He's like the 5th or 6th person that I know of that has had that happen with the STX2.

Just browse around here and see that since March there are more threads about radio problems with the STX2 than there have been in the past 4-5 years for the Tactic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back