Kraton Kraton 4s LED install. Much better than my Outcast install IMO thanks to another member. 3 NEW PICS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
OK. I finally finished the LED install on my Kraton 4s. I put my Kraton together enough to get some pics while I wait for a diff sent to me by @jondilly1974 so I can get back on the road!! I improved the install that I did on the Outcast thanks to some better ideas and recommendations from @SrC to use hot glue. I bought a glue gun (cant believe I went this long without one) to strengthen the install and came up with some other better ideas. At first I was going to use the same holders in the front that I used in the Outcast but after one run one of them was destroyed because at the time the Kraton didnt have the same protection (TBR bumper) that the Outcast had. So I thought of using rubber grommets instead. This way they have some shock absorption and don't stick out as far. This ended up working perfect. The other idea I originally had was mounting the rear LEDs on the Kratons rear "bumper" (See first two pics). The issue I had with this was that the rear LEDs would have to have a separate wire since that part is always on making disconnecting and reconnecting a bit harder. So after browsing Amazon I found another set of LEDs that have much smaller red rear LEDs and are only $7 for 2 full sets. This gave me the idea to be able to mount them on the rear of the body in one of the only spots there is enough room for. For these I used the holders it came with since they are protected from impact by the rear wing. So after all the soldering of connectors, routing wire, and hot gluing the heck out of it here is what I ended up with. I think it came out great. Only have one wire connection to deal with when removing and putting the body on, and overall its stronger and more protected. The lights are nice and bright and the red reflects through the body in some pretty cool ways as you can see in some of the pics. Just wait until I do the same install on the new clear Kraton body I have that I will be painting soon!! Anyway I was in the middle of posting this in the 4x4 forum when I got a notification from @WoodiE to update build logs so I moved the thread here. Thanks for the suggestion @WoodiE. Pics below.

PS: Thanks @jondilly1974 for the diff and other parts you sent. You rock!!
Thanks @SrC for the hot glue and other ideas from my other thread!
Thanks @Camaroboy383 for offering to send me a diff!
Thanks @WoodiE for the build thread idea with impeccable timing for the notification!
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg

Last edited:
Very nicely done.
That gleu thing I will remember.
Love the pics

Perfect job. (y)
It takes much effort and time to do wiring/mounting neat but bash worthy. I love lighting on my rigs too.
Yeah Hot Glue is an indispensable item in RC for sure.:cool:
Just be mindful that very cold climates makes the H glue brittle and can come off. But a bit of E6000/Shoogoo would fix that..

Just adding 3 night pics that I took while running last night. Really like how the rear LEDs reflect off the body and how the front ones actually light up the way in front of the Kraton just like real headlights would. Pretty cool, and they all help up to a full bash.

15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back