Kraton Kraton 4s or 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drughi

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Having doubts for which kraton to buy the 4s or the 6s? does anybody passed through the same query?

Welcome, Sure lots of people. This is a regular topic with a hundred different opinions. I recommend doing your homework and compare the two and determine which is right for you.

There are so many factors like budget, charger and lipos, where you intend to use, wrenching ability, etc.

If budget allows, get the 6s. It's pretty much a completely different truck compared to the 4s. The 4s Kraton has way more in common with the 3s Big Rock Crew Cab.

The 6s is sturdier imo, and has naturally better / stronger parts.

If it’s a power question, many people have the Kraton 6s and run it at 4s. It’s more controllable for sure.

I'm running a v4 Kraton, started out with 4S which I found is plenty adequate for where I run, but have just moved onto 6S now that I've built up more confidence. 6S gets my vote!
Cheers

If you go 6s have in mind remplacements parts would be more expensive ect than the 3-4s platform and you might need basic upgrades who are alluminum pieces
Like alluminum braces front and rear.. and maybe some spare diff cases if you land on your wing you can say byebye to you diff case but there is an upgrade who solves that issue rich duperbash made a video about that particular mod
The 4s line so far has slipper clutch issue and a arms breaking too easily but i only broke mine when i hit like a wall or something really hard so maybe the a arm problem was the early production ones

6s is bigger, stronger, and more durable in my opinion. There is incredible after market support for 6s. 8th scale is the perfect size. Jump right into 6s and set your punch setting to 1. You can also adjust your throttle trims to tame the beast. Or you could just exercise finger control which is easier said than done! I vote for 6s!!

I had the same question, went with the 6s. Then get 4s batteries.

Last edited:
If you want a smaller/shorter truck, go with the outcast 6S.

Longer trucks drive better/easier though.

I have an outcast 6S and a stampede 4x4 vxl on 3S. The outcast does great pretty much anywhere, grass bmx track, various parks or the skate parks. The stampede does best with very very short grass and skate parks. The 4S outcast/kraton will likely struggle a bit/run hot like my stampede if you run in grass that is very long.

If you want a smaller/shorter truck, go with the outcast 6S.

Longer trucks drive better/easier though.

I have an outcast 6S and a stampede 4x4 vxl on 3S. The outcast does great pretty much anywhere, grass bmx track, various parks or the skate parks. The stampede does best with very very short grass and skate parks. The 4S outcast/kraton will likely struggle a bit/run hot like my stampede if you run in grass that is very long.
I run on grass with my 4s kraton anc i can touch the motor without burning myself

I run on grass with my 4s kraton anc i can touch the motor without burning myself
You run on 3S or 4S?

What size pack do you use?

I run on 3S in my stampede with a 7200mah pack, 3100kv 3665 motor and it gets up to 150F pretty easily in the grass. Could be the steel diffs, MIP X-Duty axles and 2.8" trenchers adding load as well that isn't helping.

You run on 3S or 4S?

What size pack do you use?

I run on 3S in my stampede with a 7200mah pack, 3100kv 3665 motor and it gets up to 150F pretty easily in the grass. Could be the steel diffs, MIP X-Duty axles and 2.8" trenchers adding load as well that isn't helping.
The crap venileon motor is know to over heat.. i remeber running during the snowy winter on 3s 7000mah stock pinion i could melt ice and make it boil
And in the summer it was worst i had to buy a fan
My kraton runs stock motor and 13t pinion
And i run a 4000 mah 40c 4s

The crap venileon motor is know to over heat.. i remeber running during the snowy winter on 3s 7000mah stock pinion i could melt ice and make it boil
And in the summer it was worst i had to buy a fan
My kraton runs stock motor and 13t pinion
And i run a 4000 mah 40c 4s
I'm running a HW Max10 sct and Hobbystar 3665 3100kv motor. I also have a motor fan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back