Kraton Kraton 4s Rear Suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdubb502

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hi all,

The rear end on my Kraton 4s is sitting lower than the front. I rebuilt the shocks and replaced the springs. I also added spacers. Is this normal? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your knowledge!

Yes it's like that from the factory. I don't like that so I have modified my rear shocks and using Kraton 6s rear shock shafts with the stock shockbodies. Then I'm using HB Racing spring retainers and Traxxas 5347 rod ends. Now I can get it a bit higher in the rear than in the front. Haven't running it yet but hope I can do that this weekend.

Yes it's like that from the factory. I don't like that so I have modified my rear shocks and using Kraton 6s rear shock shafts with the stock shockbodies. Then I'm using HB Racing spring retainers and Traxxas 5347 rod ends. Now I can get it a bit higher in the rear than in the front. Haven't running it yet but hope I can do that this weekend.
Nice! I would love to see some pics. Let me know how it handles.

The shock on top is the stock one and the bottom is the one with the K6 shaft. Here with HB Racing springs.
k4-0227.jpg

Here they are mounted on the car. Changed back to the stock rear springs
k4-0233.jpg

k4-0439.jpg

Thanks Roger75! This was very helpful! Love the red HB Racing springs. What is the part number for that?
Thanks again for your knowledge and help!

Thanks Roger75! This was very helpful! Love the red HB Racing springs. What is the part number for that?
Thanks again for your knowledge and help!

They are actually orange. 76 mm Big Bore Spring Orange 76mm Part number 67456. They are a bit tight on the shock bodies, almost to narrow but you can get them on.
This is the parts I used. It should work with spring cups and rod ends from the Arrma 6S too. I used this because I already had them at home. I also have to drill out the hole in the piston to make it fit the 6S shaft and use a bigger washer.

k4-shockmod01.jpg

Just came home from my shortest bashsession ever with the chassis in 2 pieces, but it felt nice the short run I had until I crashed.
One of the reason for this mod was to get it to raise the rear end a bit more when braking into a corner to get it to steer better. It felt like it improved a bit the short run I had.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back