Kraton Kraton 4s replacement motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesbea

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 6s
What is everyone replacing their spektrum motor with? I will stay stock esc, just wondering what my options are.

There are so many . You basically need a higher kv 6s motor to get some real speed??? A 40'ish mm can motor? Or a 36x68 motor( long can).
Others will chime in with their choices.

What is everyone replacing their spektrum motor with? I will stay stock esc, just wondering what my options are.
I am assuming you have a Kraton 6s not a Kraton 4s as the Kraton 4s didn't come with a Spektrum motor. Also you posted this in the Arrma 4x4 section and titled the thread Kraton 4s, yet your profile says you own the 6s.

That being said if you own the 6s I would get any cheap eBay 4074 or 4274 2000-2200kv motor if you just want to replace the motor. The go to for most guys on this forum is the Max6 esc with the 4985 1650kv combo.

No, I just messed up the wording regarding the motor. I own both the 6s & 4s. The motor in the 4s blew up this weekend and I was looking to see what I could replace it with.

The original motor is $105......I see an offbrand one on ebay for $35 that seems to have all the same specs, just not sure if it is garbage or not.

$105 just seems a bit steep.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
No, I just messed up the wording regarding the motor. I own both the 6s & 4s. The motor in the 4s blew up this weekend and I was looking to see what I could replace it with.

The original motor is $105......I see an offbrand one on ebay for $35 that seems to have all the same specs, just not sure if it is garbage or not.

$105 just seems a bit steep.

Thanks for the help.
Oh okay yeah, the off brand eBay motors are fine, I have like 5 of them. Just keep an eye on the bearings sometimes they can be a bit hit or miss, but in most cases are cheap to replace. I usually end up using TRBRC hybrid ceramic motor bearings in my motors but those are about $10-$12 a piece where as the standard motor bearings are around $4-$6.

I am assuming you have a Kraton 6s not a Kraton 4s as the Kraton 4s didn't come with a Spektrum motor. Also you posted this in the Arrma 4x4 section and titled the thread Kraton 4s, yet your profile says you own the 6s.

That being said if you own the 6s I would get any cheap eBay 4074 or 4274 2000-2200kv motor if you just want to replace the motor. The go to for most guys on this forum is the Max6 esc with the 4985 1650kv combo.
I just bought a Arma Kraton 4S and was wondering if I could swap my spektrum 2400kv for a 3250kv motor that is in my quanum parts car? Can I and will my 5200 and 5000mah 4s batteries push it? I am new at this

I just bought a Arma Kraton 4S and was wondering if I could swap my spektrum 2400kv for a 3250kv motor that is in my quanum parts car? Can I and will my 5200 and 5000mah 4s batteries push it? I am new at this

I'm sure you can swap it but I don't know if that motor supports 4s.

Back