Kraton Kraton 4s slipper clutch removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sure the Eco comes with a servo saver? Mine only came with servo horns. Those will not save your servo at all. ?‍♂️
You are right, it doesn’t come with a servo saver? The servo saver from the stock arrma servo works? Or i have to buy a new one
You sure the Eco comes with a servo saver? Mine only came with servo horns. Those will not save your servo at all. ?‍♂️
I have another question? The one I bought is the 36 kg one, everybody recommended me the 21 or 27, they never mentioned the 36 kg one, is there any difference in speed or any difference at all?

You are right, it doesn’t come with a servo saver? The servo saver from the stock arrma servo works? Or i have to buy a new one

I have another question? The one I bought is the 36 kg one, everybody recommended me the 21 or 27, they never mentioned the 36 kg one, is there any difference in speed or any difference at all?
The Arrma one is weaker than a Kimbrough, but it should work. I've never had the 36kg version. The one I bought from BG was the JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV 21KG

The Arrma one is weaker than a Kimbrough, but it should work. I've never had the 36kg version. The one I bought from BG was the JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV 21KG
Yes, everybody said to buy that one, but the only one in stock was the 36 kg one, i hope is the same

Thanks, I sent them an email. Who knows how long before I here from them. When I get a new one I’ll clean and make sure it’s all good before I run it again. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Arrma kraton 4s. Anybody know how to get the slipper all the way apart? Was told by multiple ppl to loctite it bc id it keeps backing out which it is. I have the housing taken apart and got the little red piece, little black piece and bearing that goes on that side off but that’s as far as I can get. The rest doesn’t seem like it just pulls apart like the first few peices did. Thanks in advance

Arrma kraton 4s. Anybody know how to get the slipper all the way apart? Was told by multiple ppl to loctite it bc id it keeps backing out which it is. I have the housing taken apart and got the little red piece, little black piece and bearing that goes on that side off but that’s as far as I can get. The rest doesn’t seem like it just pulls apart like the first few peices did. Thanks in advance
To take the slipper completely out and disassemble it, you have to take out the motor from the car, to do that you have to take the screw from the bottom of the chassis that lines with a red plastic piece that has the strap for the battery, then when you take out the screw you will have to remove the red piece by pulling it straight towards you, normally it’s difficult so pull from the strap and it will come off, now locate like a kind pull tap just above the black housing in the back of the motor, take a flat screw driver and lift it, then push straight out the whole motor and black housing, that is difficult to do, what I do is to put a flat screw driver in the pull tap, jam it in there and then take another flat screw driver and like kinda do leverage in the housing so it comes out check in youtube, I’m sure theres a video on how to do it, then when you have the motor out, have to remove the big black housing that is joined to the motor, thats easy, three screws off and you are done, then you take out the slipper and in the hole of the slipper theres a screw, normally it is super super hard so unscrew ir carefully and really hard

To take the slipper completely out and disassemble it, you have to take out the motor from the car, to do that you have to take the screw from the bottom of the chassis that lines with a red plastic piece that has the strap for the battery, then when you take out the screw you will have to remove the red piece by pulling it straight towards you, normally it’s difficult so pull from the strap and it will come off, now locate like a kind pull tap just above the black housing in the back of the motor, take a flat screw driver and lift it, then push straight out the whole motor and black housing, that is difficult to do, what I do is to put a flat screw driver in the pull tap, jam it in there and then take another flat screw driver and like kinda do leverage in the housing so it comes out check in youtube, I’m sure theres a video on how to do it, then when you have the motor out, have to remove the big black housing that is joined to the motor, thats easy, three screws off and you are done, then you take out the slipper and in the hole of the slipper theres a screw, normally it is super super hard so unscrew ir carefully and really hard

Yeah that screw that’s super super hard to get out is why I was asking this question. I was 99% sure that was spose to come out in order to take it completely apart but it’s so hard to undo, I jus wanted to make sure that it was actually spose to come out. Instead of just wrenching on something and stripping it out or taking something out that didn’t need to come out or either wasn’t spose to and jus messing everything up. And i didn’t want to put my impact on it an just end up stripping it out before I made sure it was spose to come out. Thanks!

I got it apart and I think it got a little hot. When I was running it it was getting slower and I thought it was just the battery. Once I got up to it I could smell that it got hot but I didn’t think it got that hot. I guess being a brand new truck I wasn’t expecting the slipper clutch to burn up after four runs. Pretty disappointed that now I have to drop $70 on a brand new truck.

I just had the same problem I burnt my motar case, melted the slipper pads and the drive shaft was also melted. In addition my pinion gear cracked in half and my rear diff was toast.

Good lesson when you lose power to take it apart. It thought it was a low battery aswell and fired it up only to have it smoke. Those parts really stink when you cook them.

I feel your pain amigo. Im bashing at 50 percent throttle setting now and have zero issues. I find at 100 percent you break parts too fast.

Good luck on the rebuild.

I just had the same problem I burnt my motar case, melted the slipper pads and the drive shaft was also melted. In addition my pinion gear cracked in half and my rear diff was toast.

Good lesson when you lose power to take it apart. It thought it was a low battery aswell and fired it up only to have it smoke. Those parts really stink when you cook them.

I feel your pain amigo. Im bashing at 50 percent throttle setting now and have zero issues. I find at 100 percent you break parts too fast.

Good luck on the rebuild.

How can you Bash at 50% throttle setting? You referring to the punch settings?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back