Kraton Kraton 4s slipper eliminator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slipper hubs keep breaking on me I just want to get rid of the whole slipper if I could

Slipper hubs keep breaking on me I just want to get rid of the whole slipper if I could
Are they breaking when you are tightening the assembly? That happens when you try to make it too tight. That's the only way I've ever broken one.

I haven't had any driveshaft issues
Are they breaking when you are tightening the assembly? That happens when you try to make it too tight. That's the only way I've ever broken one.

No believe it or not when I'm driving it... It's really only happened twice but it's just annoying.. there is no hobby shop around here anywhere so everything I order it takes days...

I haven't had any driveshaft issues

No believe it or not when I'm driving it... It's really only happened twice but it's just annoying.. there is no hobby shop around here anywhere so everything I order it takes days...
What part is breaking?

Heh i only broke the slipper hub once i think i landed on throttle really bad and it craked the rear hub making my slipper noose no matter what

I’m having the same problem. Part# ARA310946 keeps braking at the rear driveshaft hookup.

image.jpg

Amain is showing a different picture of the part compared to horizon hobby. Amain is claiming it is 4s but works 3s too. It looks stronger the back is smooth. Maybe made from different metal? Anyone know about this difference? Picture of the amain part# ARA310946

Attachments

• 4442CB40-1780-4CA6-9D47-4F1BC8D1DE99.jpeg
    4442CB40-1780-4CA6-9D47-4F1BC8D1DE99.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 82EB9A3F-1042-493C-BFC6-D5739744D66B.jpeg
    82EB9A3F-1042-493C-BFC6-D5739744D66B.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Me its the dam rear of the clutch after a few runs the back bearing is a pain to remove i have to sand down the ends to take the bearing out thats why im saying im fed up of clutchs co plicated and expensive for nothing

I’m having the same problem. Part# ARA310946 keeps braking at the rear driveshaft hookup.

View attachment 96057
Amain is showing a different picture of the part compared to horizon hobby. Amain is claiming it is 4s but works 3s too. It looks stronger the back is smooth. Maybe made from different metal? Anyone know about this difference? Picture of the amain part# ARA310946
What you might be seeing is the new V3 slipper isn’t as long on the backside, at least that’s what rumors are anyways. Both will be fine. The 3S and 4S line have always used the exact same slipper hub. The 4S line just had a metal spur with an extra slipper pad.

What you might be seeing is the new V3 slipper isn’t as long on the backside, at least that’s what rumors are anyways. Both will be fine. The 3S and 4S line have always used the exact same slipper hub. The 4S line just had a metal spur with an extra slipper pad.
Idk about that there was 2 part numbers for the exact same slipper hubs

Dumb?? Exploded views (engineering drawings) always take precident.

Locking the slipper will only put more stress on the hub and rest of the drivetrain. I have the 946 4s slipper assemblly in my Granite 3s with zero failures to date (plus I have 3 extra 4s assemblies which I keep as backups, just in case). Maybe your hubs had manufacturing defects... it’s possible.

Last edited:
Dumb?? Exploded views (engineering drawings) always take precident.

Locking the slipper will only put more stress on the hub and rest of the drivetrain. I have the 946 4s slipper assemblly in my Granite 3s with zero failures to date (plus I have 3 extra 4s assemblies which I keep as backups, just in case). Maybe your hubs had manufacturing defects... it’s possible.
Sorry my language was upset at that moment because life event

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back