Kraton Kraton 4s slipper eliminator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've locked mine for testing purposes completly on my Granite (3S). I cannot recommend it, blowed the drive shaft and the diff :D

I’m having the same problem. Part# ARA310946 keeps braking at the rear driveshaft hookup.

View attachment 96057
Amain is showing a different picture of the part compared to horizon hobby. Amain is claiming it is 4s but works 3s too. It looks stronger the back is smooth. Maybe made from different metal? Anyone know about this difference? Picture of the amain part# ARA310946
What you might be seeing is the new V3 slipper isn’t as long on the backside, at least that’s what rumors are anyways. Both will be fine. The 3S and 4S line have always used the exact same slipper hub. The 4S line just had a metal spur with an extra slipper pad.
I assume you're putting good bearings in when you replace the slipper?
I just got it in the mail and it’s not any different, same part.
The camera shot was with the slipper plate on the outside of the rear slipper housing, it looked like it was different in the picture, but it’s the same.
Yes, I have some fresh bearing to add before assembly.
The slipper clutch was red lock tight and tighter to lock up the slipper. I’ll probably loosen it up a bit.

I’m having the same problem. Part# ARA310946 keeps braking at the rear driveshaft hookup.
Have you checked your input gears and differentials? Looking at your photo, it seems to me the slipper hub would snap that way if the input gear/differential gets jammed. A bad bearing in the slipper or having the slipper too tight could also be a cause.

Last edited:
Have you checked your input gears and differentials? Looking at your photo, it seems to me the slipper hub would snap that way if the input gear/differential gets jammed. A bad bearing in the slipper or having the slipper too tight could also be a cause.
Yep. I think your right! I just fried my rear differential gear after the second battery pack after fixing the slipper. I’m just going to do a full tear down and look at everything, plus I have a new set of bearings I’ve been wanting to put on. Thanks

This has happened to me twice ,take a look at the motor assembly grab it and try to move by hand it is there a lot of slop? There is in mine from the plastic parts wearing I think this what is happening if you really look at it you can see the motor assembly move a lot and that is by hand think of how much stress is on that cast aluminum part when your bashing hard.

Yeah I've broken 3 sets of slipper hub splines so far in the last year or so I wish someone would make a solid spur and spline assembly to eliminate the slipper as the only way it seems to work properly is when it is locked anyhow. I will likely attempt to make my own with a steel driveshaft and secure the spur to it somehow.

I’ve attempted to make a spool for my Typhon 3S too. I tried using an 8mm shaft with the CVD ends to connect the splines. The issue for me is bearing support on the rear input. If I had a CNC I could probably make a rear plate that could support it all. I’ve thought about buying a cheap Chinese aluminum motor mount to adapt to work. I’ve just been busy with other projects and let this one slide. It will get some time this winter.

I’ve attempted to make a spool for my Typhon 3S too. I tried using an 8mm shaft with the CVD ends to connect the splines. The issue for me is bearing support on the rear input. If I had a CNC I could probably make a rear plate that could support it all. I’ve thought about buying a cheap Chinese aluminum motor mount to adapt to work. I’ve just been busy with other projects and let this one slide. It will get some time this winter.
Well guys I think I may have found a simple fix for the spline cracking issue on the slipper clutch to diff side. I installed the bearing as usual but took one of the factory bearings cut the outer race off the bearing and emptied it so that only the inner cage was left and then put the inner cage on the end of the slipper clutch hub I put a bit of gorilla glue around the inside of the race to keep it in place and keep it tight. Also this gorilla glue expands so it will keep pressure on the shaft and the splines went under torsional load. We'll see how long this lasts now but very easy and cheap possible fix.

IMG_20201028_204848.jpg

IMG_20201028_204855.jpg

IMG_20201028_205307.jpg

IMG_20201028_205329.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back