Kraton 4s steering upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsytaz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I know this was discussed before in another thread but I don’t have time or patience to read through what everyone said and look everything up.
Hoping someone can paste a link here to whatever steering servo is “plug and play” model to stock electronics, and will greatly improve the steering in my Kraton 4s. Not trying to drop a hundred, maybe something like 40-50 bucks

Thanks!!

Pick up the HR servo saver. It's so much better than stock. Plus you can use any servo with it

Hot Racing ATF48SH02

I also installed the hot racing aluminum steering assembly with losi 5mm turnbuckles. Took all the slop out the front end. I had a hitec 7955tg servo so I'm using that and the kraton 4s now turns on a dime

Attachments

• 20190712_193744.jpg
    20190712_193744.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 128
Pick up the HR servo saver. It's so much better than stock. Plus you can use any servo with it

Hot Racing ATF48SH02

I also installed the hot racing aluminum steering assembly with losi 5mm turnbuckles. Took all the slop out the front end. I had a hitec 7955tg servo so I'm using that and the kraton 4s now turns on a dime

Okay, added that HR servo saver to my amazon cart. What part number on that steering assembly? Bit pricy for that servo but it does look nice. And this truck definitely needs some attention with the steering. Having no other issues so far. Bashing it up pretty good too. Might just do servo, and servo saver for now. All the HR aluminum steering assemblies I’m finding are like 60 bucks.

Reviews are good, price is good. But 20 business days on that shipping, damn ?

Hot racing Atf4801. That's the whole bell crank assembly with bearings

Yeah I had the servo from an old airplane so I figured why not. Not really the speed I want but it definitely has the torque

Hot racing Atf4801. That's the whole bell crank assembly with bearings

Yeah I had the servo from an old airplane so I figured why not. Not really the speed I want but it definitely has the torque

Okay cool found that on eBay for 38. Not to bad but that servo is 83 bucks haha. Yeah I’m just bashing and off-road driving and stuff so I don’t think I need a super speedy servo either torque is probably more important for that. Hate to be a bother but you seem to have it figured out so I might copy what you did, I’d like mine to turn on a dime too haha. So what length Losi turnbuckles did you use. Stock length are 71 and I’m only finding Losi 5mmx68 and 5mmx92
Set ur end points. Mine turns on a dime with factory servo

Hmmm okay. Not sure how to do that. Didn’t read anything like that in the manual. I’m sure there’s YouTube videos for it? Is it a generic thing or do I need to find specific directions for the Kraton 4s

Hot Racing ATF48SH02

And what ends are those. I can’t seem to find what the stock ends are there’s like 8T and 8E but I’m not even sure what the difference is

On my dx5 I've got my steering travel set at 130 both ways
You might want to check that. I've never had to go over a hundred with any of the arrma vehicles.

Hmmm okay. Not sure how to do that. Didn’t read anything like that in the manual. I’m sure there’s YouTube videos for it? Is it a generic thing or do I need to find specific directions for the Kraton 4s
I don’t think the STX2 radio has EPA

The losi 5x68mm turnbuckles and the 8ight 5mm rod ends fit the front of the kraton for all 4 rods. The rear of the kraton is the only one that the 68mm rods don't work. I believe it was Ofna that makes the 5x70mm turnbuckle and with the losi ends it fits perfectly

It's all good. Turns on a dime. My other trucks all at 100. Mini kraton just keep taking it so I kept going
Stock servo? If so, get a spare from JRC because at over 100% it's not long for this world. Will turn on a dime until all those little gears strip. And then it won't turn at all.

Stock servo? If so, get a spare from JRC because at over 100% it's not long for this world. Will turn on a dime until all those little gears strip. And then it won't turn at all.
Yup stock servo. No whining cracking or popping noises. I've run 10-15 packs through it. No problems. My other arrmas you get to 105 and all hell breaks loose not the mini kraton though
I got plenty of spares

Yup stock servo. No whining cracking or popping noises. I've run 10-15 packs through it. No problems. My other arrmas you get to 105 and all hell breaks loose not the mini kraton though
I got plenty of spares
You're Kraton was touched by the hand of God!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back