Kraton Kraton 4s - Talion Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkwinn

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 4s
I have had two shocks break on my new Kraton 4s. I have only used it five times and two of the trips resulted in a broken shock. First time I was trying to do a backflip in below freezing weather and broke a rear shock. The second time my Kraton hit my sons Granite and broke a front shock. Both shocks broke where they connect to the arm. The shocks themselves seem fine, but the plastics that connects to the arm broke.

So, I ordered a set of Talion 6s shocks from Jenny’s. I am having second thoughts though. Will these be any more sturdy then the stock Kraton shocks? They have metal bodies, but the part that keeps breaking still appears to be plastic. Are there any issues with getting them on or tuning them I should be aware of?

Thanks

I have had two shocks break on my new Kraton 4s. I have only used it five times and two of the trips resulted in a broken shock. First time I was trying to do a backflip in below freezing weather and broke a rear shock. The second time my Kraton hit my sons Granite and broke a front shock. Both shocks broke where they connect to the arm. The shocks themselves seem fine, but the plastics that connects to the arm broke.

So, I ordered a set of Talion 6s shocks from Jenny’s. I am having second thoughts though. Will these be any more sturdy then the stock Kraton shocks? They have metal bodies, but the part that keeps breaking still appears to be plastic. Are there any issues with getting them on or tuning them I should be aware of?

Thanks
U used to have rod end broblems with the stock 3s ones which are practically the same as the 4s ones, I switched to Typhon shocks and haven’t had any problems at all. I might have just gotten lucky but they do seem a lot better everywhere

That is exactly what keeps breaking. I guess I will stick with the Talion 6s shocks. At least if they break, they are fixable and upgradeable. Hopefully the Talion shocks fit without a problem. I have RPM arms, so there are a couple of mounting points.

Rod ends on the 6s shocks are much stronger..(less brittle)..you shouldnt have any issues with them... the talion shocks are long.. so be prepared for the increased ride hieght... the typhon shocks are shorter but still longer than factory 3s shocks as well...

I found the Typhon 6S shocks to be a tad short for my Kraton 4s. I bought Talion shafts but haven’t taken the time to install them yet. The Typhon shafts make it sag quite a bit without all the preload, which makes it bouncy.

The Typhon shocks were sold out. I saw people used the Talion ones, so thought I would try those. I know they are a little longer. I am new to RC so don’t have a sense for how much a few millimeters in shock length will change the cars look and handling.

I misread your post.. the talion shocks should be ok in length for the 4s rigs.. for some reason I thought they were going on the granite

Hey everyone, just getting back into the RC world after a 12 year hiatus. I just got a Kraton 4s, and broke my left shock right where OP is saying. I ordered Kraton 6s shocks do these fit on the Kraton 4s? They look real similar to the Talion 6S shocks, but now looking at the measurements, the kraton 6s look longer.

Has anyone fit the kraton 6s shocks on the 4s?

Hey everyone, just getting back into the RC world after a 12 year hiatus. I just got a Kraton 4s, and broke my left shock right where OP is saying. I ordered Kraton 6s shocks do these fit on the Kraton 4s? They look real similar to the Talion 6S shocks, but now looking at the measurements, the kraton 6s look longer.

Has anyone fit the kraton 6s shocks on the 4s?

They are going to be to long... and the springs will most likely be to stiff because of thier length... you can fashion some spacers for under the pistons to shorten the overall length, and you may be able to loosen the preload spacer all the way to get around the spring tension.. but only testing will tell..

I still feel to this day the hr bodies and 4s springs, along with standard 4mm shafts, rod ends, and perches are much better suited...

They are going to be to long... and the springs will most likely be to stiff because of thier length... you can fashion some spacers for under the pistons to shorten the overall length, and you may be able to loosen the preload spacer all the way to get around the spring tension.. but only testing will tell..

I still feel to this day the hr bodies and 4s springs, along with standard 4mm shafts, rod ends, and perches are much better suited...

Bummer. Won't the stock 4s springs fit on the kraton 6s shock?
Maybe i'll keep these kraton 6s shocks for parts if I get some talion 6s shocks, besides the body and rod, it looks like the rest is the same.

Do you think the HRs are better than the talion 6s?

Wait 17$ for that? Better get the arrma shafts of the rigth size and the rods ends seperatly
I never broke a shock rod end on mine. The only time i did is when i smashed one of the fronts when i tried to unbend the shaft jbweld foxed everything until i got the remplacements. Beoke a rear one by sticking my screwdriver inside the pivot ball to try opening the shock to change fluid and it snaped in half?
Maybe apply some wd40 on the rod ends but i don't belive on the power of wd40 personally i never used it but people say makes plastic softer?‍♀️ Should maybe try by myself

Bummer. Won't the stock 4s springs fit on the kraton 6s shock?
Maybe i'll keep these kraton 6s shocks for parts if I get some talion 6s shocks, besides the body and rod, it looks like the rest is the same.

Do you think the HRs are better than the talion 6s?

Yes but it doesn't help the length.. they will most likely bottom out before the chassis can touch the ground..and that can spell disaster for the shocks, and towers..

The hr bodies are more precise on the piston bore than the 6s shocks.. so they do dampen more consistantly.. which is strange to say being they are made by hr..

Yes but it doesn't help the length.. they will most likely bottom out before the chassis can touch the ground..and that can spell disaster for the shocks, and towers..
Ah yeah I didn't think about that....

Hmm local hobby shop has some HR bodies. I can use the the stock shock rods with the HR bodies right? Or what parts do I need to make the HRs fit?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back