Kraton Kraton 4s v2 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tschenck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Mojave
So I received my Kraton 4s V2 a few days ago. It was suppose to be box damage but had to be a test truck cause it was all dirty.

After 2 runs I started changing the truck a little. Took out the Specktrum esc/motor, dropped in a Hobbywing xr8 plus(turned up the BEC) and tekin 1900kv motor. Truck doesn't need anymore power just had an 8th scale system sitting here and figure it will hold up better and since its sensored be smoother. Cut a little plastic ridge off of chassis to fit a longer battery and here we are. Next I will have to figure out what I want to do with steering. The stock servo saver is really weak.

This is what it looked like when I got it. Not exactly just "Box Damage" but I have it and other then being dirty everything looked fine.
1659329435027.png

1659328699730.png

1659328743400.png

1659328783969.png

Dremeled off a little ridge here so my 9000mah 4s pack would fit. Might cause a little more chassis flex but should be alright.
1659328819875.png

Oh yeah and have to contact Horizon Hobbies. My truck didn't come with the updated outdrives.
1659329284352.png

Still need to wait weeks for mine
So I received my Kraton 4s V2 a few days ago. It was suppose to be box damage but had to be a test truck cause it was all dirty.

After 2 runs I started changing the truck a little. Took out the Specktrum esc/motor, dropped in a Hobbywing xr8 plus(turned up the BEC) and tekin 1900kv motor. Truck doesn't need anymore power just had an 8th scale system sitting here and figure it will hold up better and since its sensored be smoother. Cut a little plastic ridge off of chassis to fit a longer battery and here we are. Next I will have to figure out what I want to do with steering. The stock servo saver is really weak.

This is what it looked like when I got it. Not exactly just "Box Damage" but I have it and other then being dirty everything looked fine.
View attachment 233260

View attachment 233253

View attachment 233254
View attachment 233255
Dremeled off a little ridge here so my 9000mah 4s pack would fit. Might cause a little more chassis flex but should be alright.
View attachment 233257
Oh yeah and have to contact Horizon Hobbies. My truck didn't come with the updated outdrives.
View attachment 233259
I think they come only on the rears

The rears look the same. Yeah that is why I just kept this one. I also have a back order on a new one. One was suppose to be for me and other for my brother. He really wanted that new car smell so I just kept this one for myself.

So you bought a damaged box truck but the truck was used???
Not even mine and I'm upset.

I would be upset if that happened to me: it's not as advertised, and I would have returned it.

Tower Hobbies addended their "Scratch and Dent" description to say that it could be more than just box damage:

1659365038044.png

Kind of sucks as I would like to know exactly what I'm getting. My personal acceptance criteria is that box damage is fine - but "operational testing", whatever that means, is no bueno.

Tower Hobbies addended their "Scratch and Dent" description to say that it could be more than just box damage:

View attachment 233345

Kind of sucks as I would like to know exactly what I'm getting. My personal acceptance criteria is that box damage is fine - but "operational testing", whatever that means, is no bueno.
Well it looks like they covered their butt's.
Damaged box and tested are so not the same thing!
I guess it could be worse...but still gets me worked up just thinking about it.

View attachment 233345

Kind of sucks as I would like to know exactly what I'm getting. My personal acceptance criteria is that box damage is fine - but "operational testing", whatever that means, is no
I agree. I guess I won’t be buying anything that has that description.

Yeah they changed it after. Anyways thread not really about that. I contacted them and came to a resolution.
As for the truck so far I really like it. Jumps great and am preferring it over my Mojave with Kraton suspension. When it cools down later hopefully I can really test out the 8th scale system. Just don't feel like playing in 95° weather.

1659378055321.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back