Kraton Kraton 4s V2 Outdrive cup retainer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BgSkyRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
How do you go about removing the retainer spring (metal band)? I am concerned if I just pull the pin band retainer off it will deform and loose shape and not hold again, am I wrong? It seems you can pull them straight off but wanted to make sure I don't stretch them. Reason I am wanting to take them apart is after my last couple of runs, got some dirt in the ball/pin area inside and wanted to clean them up. Thanks

How do you go about removing the retainer spring (metal band)? I am concerned if I just pull the pin band retainer off it will deform and loose shape and not hold again, am I wrong? It seems you can pull them straight off but wanted to make sure I don't stretch them. Reason I am wanting to take them apart is after my last couple of runs, got some dirt in the ball/pin area inside and wanted to clean them up. Thanks

Use a thin flathead screwdriver to get under the c-band and flip it up just enough so you can shimmy/slide it off towards the driveshaft ,to get it off.

Thanks Tex, I'll give it a go. That's what I was trying to do at first but was afraid i would bend it, I just did the wheel side and the groove it sits in was much lower and they popped right off. (y)

Got it, bit of a bugger but workable. Now I understand in another thread I read about using the old version with the plastic sleeves, definitely a better idea, at least for ease of removal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back