Kraton Kraton 4x4 no power to rear wheels going forward?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketzx1

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Nero
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Infraction 4x4
Hey all. So I have finally ran into my first issue with my 4s Kraton. I was doing some speed runs up and down the road I live on and I hit lipo cutoff, no problems at all.

I go to take it out the next day and there only seems to be power going to the front tires. But, if you go in reverse the rear tires have all the power they can handle, but not going forward.

Something’s slipping somewhere and I’m not really sure what the problem is. I took out the rear diff, all the teeth look good and I opened it up, everything is good.

Is it the slipper maybe? I just don’t know what I should be looking for.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

It’s possible the slipper is slipping only on the rear side, but it would be my first time hearing about that happening. I would take the slipper out and inspect all 4 pads for wear or cracks. Clean everything with isopropyl alcohol and reassemble.

It’s possible the slipper is slipping only on the rear side, but it would be my first time hearing about that happening. I would take the slipper out and inspect all 4 pads for wear or cracks. Clean everything with isopropyl alcohol and reassemble.

How exactly do I take apart the slipper from the spur gear? Arrma doesn’t have any real instructions on how to take it apart and I don’t see any screws to remove?

How exactly do I take apart the slipper from the spur gear? Arrma doesn’t have any real instructions on how to take it apart and I don’t see any screws to remove?
There is only one 2mm screw that you access from the front side of the assembly.

Today has been a super busy day, I haven’t had time to take a look at the slipper yet. I’ll have to save that for tomorrow, I’m beat. I’ll for sure let you all know tomorrow.

Okay! So I just took the slipper out and the screw was loose. I had to look up which way to tighten it back down and how much. Took it out for a test with just rwd and no body.... instant backflip upside down :LOL: She’s all fixed and ready for more Arrma bashing!! Thanks again John, I really appreciate you and your help

Okay! So I just took the slipper out and the screw was loose. I had to look up which way to tighten it back down and how much. Took it out for a test with just rwd and no body.... instant backflip upside down :LOL: She’s all fixed and ready for more Arrma bashing!! Thanks again John, I really appreciate you and your help
Keep in mind half a turn or maybe a bit more loosen thats how i run mine if it does and instant backflip like an outcast.. your going to kill your rear diff like i did

Keep in mind half a turn or maybe a bit more loosen thats how i run mine if it does and instant backflip like an outcast.. your going to kill your rear diff like i did

Okay I will double check the slipper before I take a run with it here in a little bit and make sure I have not over tightened it. Thanks for the tip!

Okay I will double check the slipper before I take a run with it here in a little bit and make sure I have not over tightened it. Thanks for the tip!
Welcome or you could put it at 3/4 turn loosen worth trying.
If the slipper keeps backing out by it own drop the slipper pieces exept the slipper parts in alchool and clean the hole where the screw goes in and a lot of gunk should come out and after that your locktite will start work propely and keeping your slipper from backing out by its own
Thats how i fixed mine after 3 weeks

Yeah those standing backflips are fun until you break other stuff ???

Loosen until it slips just barely on launch.

Hey john, not related to the slipper but quick question. What’s a good oil weight for the shocks? I have some 80 weight shock oil laying around, is that too thick of an oil for the 4s Kraton?

Hey john, not related to the slipper but quick question. What’s a good oil weight for the shocks? I have some 80 weight shock oil laying around, is that too thick of an oil for the 4s Kraton?
If you mean Team Associated 80W, that would be 1000 sCt and should be fine for road use or smooth tracks. Wouldn’t go heavier than that tho. Shocks are going to be very firm. You may end up transferring the shock to another part if bashing or jumping. That could lead to broken towers or arms.

If you mean Team Associated 80W, that would be 1000 sCt and should be fine for road use or smooth tracks. Wouldn’t go heavier than that tho. Shocks are going to be very firm. You may end up transferring the shock to another part if bashing or jumping. That could lead to broken towers or arms.

I do some light bashing, maybe 3-4 foot high jumps and running around in off road areas like loose dirt and gravel, like old construction sites. What shock oil weight would you suggest, around 50 weight?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 26
I do some light bashing, maybe 3-4 foot high jumps and running around in off road areas like loose dirt and gravel, like old construction sites. What shock oil weight would you suggest, around 50 weight?
I think most go for 35 or 37.5 weight shock oil for bashing. Again, it’s a personal preference to an extent. You can try out what you have and see how it responds. Or buy a variety and try them all.

I think most go for 35 or 37.5 weight shock oil for bashing. Again, it’s a personal preference to an extent. You can try out what you have and see how it responds. Or buy a variety and try them all.

I’ll buy a variety pack and try out different weights and see what works best. Thanks for the help John

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back