Kraton Kraton 6s axle ripped the front outdrive (normal?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found your post when searching for my latest problem
Got a v4 outcast
My diff outputs are starting to deform after 2 weeks of play from new.
Screenshot_20200522-174419.png

Doesn't seem to be very strong.
Just emailed the shop I bought it from.
Should I email arrma?

Looks like the pin going thru the dog bone is not in the center. You need a new drive cup, horizon may get you a new one. Also your hing pin needs tightened down. See below.
244D60B8-F80A-4B98-BF64-BB869089DCFE.jpeg

Thanks I will tighten that.
Everything need a tighten too often.
Will have to look and see if the pin is off-centre don't think it is. It just has about 10° rotation and it's carved a hollow for the pin.

So here’s an update. I put everything back together. I tried it with out the spacers and with the spacers. And the first time it lands and compressed the shocks it pops out the cvd and I have to tear it back apart. Here’s a updated picture. With the shock fully compressed. Look how close this is from popping out. It’s right on the very edge.. no wonder it keeps popping out. Going to the hobby shop that I bought it from tomorrow to try and find a solution... I really don’t want to have to replace half the drive train when I’ve only used 6 full charges through it. Plus the 15 minutes of testing with and with out the spacers etc.
I have to agree that the cvd’s bent now though. Just want to figure out what triggered the first pop out and a way to try and prevent it again

Attachments

• 184F53F1-9382-4B71-8754-C9A084FF58B0.jpeg
    184F53F1-9382-4B71-8754-C9A084FF58B0.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
So here’s an update. I put everything back together. I tried it with out the spacers and with the spacers. And the first time it lands and compressed the shocks it pops out the cvd and I have to tear it back apart. Here’s a updated picture. With the shock fully compressed. Look how close this is from popping out. It’s right on the very edge.. no wonder it keeps popping out. Going to the hobby shop that I bought it from tomorrow to try and find a solution... I really don’t want to have to replace half the drive train when I’ve only used 6 full charges through it. Plus the 15 minutes of testing with and with out the spacers etc.
I have to agree that the cvd’s bent now though. Just want to figure out what triggered the first pop out and a way to try and prevent it again
I have the same issue after removing the spacers. i think only solution is to grind a few millimeters of the a-arm so it sits deeper in the cup.

I’ll bet the droop screws properly adjusted. Dogbones have dedency to slip out and wreak havoc.
Yup. I was just about to say, check your droop screw setting. Its probably way to high allowing your A arm to travel to much. You want the droop set to where they are taking pressure off the shocks.

Yup. I was just about to say, check your droop screw setting. Its probably way to high allowing your A arm to travel to much. You want the droop set to where they are taking pressure off the shocks.

I did mess with it a bit. But I put it back to where it was. The more travel the arm has the further the cvd is in the drivecup. When I adjust it in and make the car ride lower it pulls it out even further. So I have it set to match the shock length. I’m going to see about getting a new arm tomorrow. and maybe seeing if they make a cvd that’s a little longer. There’s plenty of space to add a 1/4 inch to the cvd. But maybe that’s not a option lol

Edit: hmmm, well if its popping out when the shock is fully comprssed , I have no idea what the issue is. Like others have said, file down the A arm so the pillow ball can sit deeper in the housing ?
Edit: hmmm, well if its popping out when the shock is fully comprssed , I have no idea what the issue is. Like others have said, file down the A arm so the pillow ball can sit deeper in the housing ?
Also, I would definitely send pics to horizon hobby and tell them they owe you some outdrives lol.

Also, I would definitely send pics to horizon hobby and tell them they owe you some outdrives lol.

when I get there tomorrow I’m going to show the hobby shop the outdrives and how chewed up they are. Hoping they make it right and at least give me new ones. Or a whole diff assembly. I’ve spent 3k there in 2 weeks. Will lose my business if they just say I’m poop out of luck.. I emailed Arrma last week but have yet to get a reply.

Update*. Bought new cvd shafts.
After removing the one that was bent.. I also discovered the little pin at the end shifted and was longer on one side. Guessing that didn’t help the situation with it popping out either. Slight bend on the cvd. I believe my outdrive is slightly bent too. But Arrma emailed me back today and asked for my name and address. So I’ll find out if they send me something like a new rear diff or outdrives or something.

Attachments

• 89C6C626-E2C9-4A47-8BFF-93D2C02EC2A0.jpeg
    89C6C626-E2C9-4A47-8BFF-93D2C02EC2A0.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 48
Same issues w my Mojave. So did you get the MIP
Cv axles or the reg oem Inés replaced?

Same issues w my Mojave. So did you get the MIP
Cv axles or the reg oem Inés replaced?

i grabbed the oem Arrma ones I believe. All my local hobby shop had. I am going to look online for some stronger upgrades though. Maybe even new suspension. Haven’t had time to browse yet. Just hoping things start stocking back up now that the covid lockdowns are lifting.

Theres an issue somewhere and i never saw someone pop driveshafts on tape exept aussie on its mojave once but poped right back in. Maybe theres a bad batch of parts where one is longer than the other driveshaft maybe your bearings hubs for the wheel are gone and makes your driveshaft to get out of its aligment with the cup the driveshaft should not be hanging there like you have shown when the arm is fully compressed the dog bone should be completly inside the diff cup everything is in reverse i did have a buggy who had dogbones when the arms were too low the dog bone would want to come out but doesn't because the diff cup is long but when compressed it goes right back further inside the cup. Its like if your driveshaft was too short to begin with

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back