Kraton Kraton 6S battery size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robin_nerf

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm about to buy a new Rc-car, a Arrma Kraton 6S (V4 is the latest I guess) and regarding to their manual battery size max dimensions is : 165 x 51 x 48mm / 6.50 x 2.01 x 1.89 inches and they recommend hardcase.
So if I have understand this correctly I cant fit 2x of this battery : Smart LiPo 5000mAh 3S 11.1V in this car ?
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMX50003S100H5
Or have I done the math incorrectly, I really wanted this batteries..

Regards / Robin

Hello.

I'm about to buy a new Rc-car, a Arrma Kraton 6S (V4 is the latest I guess) and regarding to their manual battery size max dimensions is : 165 x 51 x 48mm / 6.50 x 2.01 x 1.89 inches and they recommend hardcase.
So if I have understand this correctly I cant fit 2x of this battery : Smart LiPo 5000mAh 3S 11.1V in this car ?
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMX50003S100H5
Or have I done the math incorrectly, I really wanted this batteries..

Regards / Robin
In all honesty I wouldn't waste my money on the Spektrum lipos, they are overpriced and overrated considering you can buy a 6s Turnigy HD for the same price as one of those. They don't even come close to having a true c rate that is half of what is listed on the pack iirc they are about 30c.

As I have posted in another thread, you can even fit bigger batterys in there with a little modification:

You could just modify the battery tray a little bit, and then you can fit two hardcase packs with 37mm hight each without a problem in the tray, even when using the plastic top battery tray post (if this still fits under the Talion body, this I can't tell you).

Here I have 2 Arrowmax 3S Lipos (37mm height each) in my (at the moment in service) Kraton:
View attachment 75271

The only thing you have to do is take the tray out, take the top post of, and then enlarge the marked slot.
I personally just took a sharp knife, cut a few millimeters up on both sides of the slot and ripped the plastic out with a pair of pliers.
View attachment 75272

In all honesty I wouldn't waste my money on the Spektrum lipos, they are overpriced and overrated considering you can buy a 6s Turnigy HD for the same price as one of those. They don't even come close to having a true c rate that is half of what is listed on the pack iirc they are about 30c.

Ok thanks for the advice :)
But from what I could tell that battery didnt have the IC5 connection like the Kraton 6S have? And I really don't want to lose any warranty in new stuff by cutting it and solder a XT90 connection :(

Ok thanks for the advice :)
But from what I could tell that battery didnt have the IC5 connection like the Kraton 6S have? And I really don't want to lose any warranty in new stuff by cutting it and solder a XT90 connection :(
Buy an EC5 connector for the battery no need to change the esc connector. Just be mindful that the Turnigy HD 6S brick is a tight squeeze in the battery tray. I had to take out the sliding retainer in the front of the battery tray.
20200309_175500.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back