Kraton Kraton 6S Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackops

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey there all, well just getting back into the hobby after a 15 year hiatus. I bought a Maxx a month ago and got me hooked but now looking into an Arrma Kraton EXB 6S.

The question I have is what are people thoughts on Spektrum batteries? The smart technology has me intrigued so that is why I am asking about them specifically. I know there are others out there that could be had for cheaper and maybe as good or better performance wise. Plus I like the idea of the smart charger making sure I don’t start a fire if I am an idiot 😉

Right now I am leaning towards the Castle Creations Mamba Monster X 8S 1/6 ESC/Motor Combo w/1717 Sensored Motor (1650kV) or the Spektrum RC Firma 160 Amp Sensorless Brushless Smart ESC & Motor Combo (1250Kv) for my ESC, Motor combo (reason doing this is so it gives me headroom to go to 8S down the road if I feel like it without getting a new car).

Do most people run multiple 3S or do you run just a single 6S pack?

Do any of the Spektrum packs actually fit the Kraton? Since I looked at the 3S packs and 6S packs at the dimensions compared to the battery size specs on the Kraton and I cant find anything that fits either in a single 6S pack or two 3S packs from Spektrum. So not sure what I am doing wrong or what I overlooked or what noob moment I am having.

Thanks

I run 2x3S packs in my K6S. The 5000 mAh hardpacks fit snugly in my Kraton. I like the SMART tech for the auto discharge feature and fault log. If you have the Smart tech system and a DX3 or better transmitter you can also tell the battery level in the rig which is nifty.

Personally I would just buy a good charger and a couple 5000mah 6s hardpacks. Charging batteries is not complicated. The smart batteries and chargers are too expensive.

I run 2x3S packs in my K6S. The 5000 mAh hardpacks fit snugly in my Kraton. I like the SMART tech for the auto discharge feature and fault log. If you have the Smart tech system and a DX3 or better transmitter you can also tell the battery level in the rig which is nifty.
Thanks for the info and feedback really do appreciate it.
I think that is what I am going to end up doing in the end.
Personally I would just buy a good charger and a couple 5000mah 6s hardpacks. Charging batteries is not complicated. The smart batteries and chargers are too expensive.
Thanks, which charger do you use?
I agree though with the smart batteries and chargers they are more expensive and you are paying for convenience or peace of mind.

me too

2 x 3S 5000 mAH 50C G2 Hardpacks

I run 2x 3s 5200mah batteries from Zeee and use a hota d6 pro smart charger. It'll tell you if you have the wires hooked up wrong so you don't burn your house down or anything.

I agree with @Jimbobjr don't waste the money on the "smart" Spektrum stuff IMO it's not worth it. Also I've heard a lot of people have issues with the Spektrum smart lipos out of the box and end up having to return them as in most cases the packs come with a dead cell. Now not saying this is going to happen all the time but just something to consider. Also the "smart" packs are usually double the cost of even high quality lipos like SMC or CNHL which IMO put Spektrum packs to shame.

I agree with @Jimbobjr don't waste the money on the "smart" Spektrum stuff IMO it's not worth it. Also I've heard a lot of people have issues with the Spektrum smart lipos out of the box and end up having to return them as in most cases the packs come with a dead cell. Now not saying this is going to happen all the time but just something to consider. Also the "smart" packs are usually double the cost of even high quality lipos like SMC or CNHL which IMO put Spektrum packs to shame.
Thanks for your input, I am going to have to look up SMC and CNHL. That is one thing that I am not keen or up to speed on is who are the good top notch Tier I type lipos out there. Thanks again I am sure I will have more questions as I research.

I use the Sky Rc d400 https://www.skyrc.com/Charger/D400_Charger and its awesome and super easy, but for a long time just used a cheap 4 button 10 amp charger from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Char...s=lipo+battery+charger&qid=1623125401&sr=8-15
Lots of guys like the Hota D6 (hobbymate d6) chargers but I don't have experience with them.
Don't let my opinion only talk you out of the smart stuff. I see a lot of negative traffic on the forum about it but some seem to love them. Its where all this is headed but for me I don't think I need it.

So another question, Lipos I assume come discharged from the manufacture correct or do they have some sort of storage charge on them?

I would just think they would have to be discharged. Was just wondering for if you were to solder some connectors on them if you need to discharge them before or if they already are.

So another question, Lipos I assume come discharged from the manufacture correct or do they have some sort of storage charge on them?

I would just think they would have to be discharged. Was just wondering for if you were to solder some connectors on them if you need to discharge them before or if they already are.

LiPos come in a storage charge. No telling how long they might be on the shelf and below storage charge will damage the batteries over time.

Ok so I had another question for you all
How is it you wire up the batteries to the ESC when you end up using 2 packs?
Since I know if you are able to run a single pack i.e. 6S, 4S, etc it is easy since you just have the 2 wires from the ESC with the single connector on it. But if you are running 6S or 8S and have to use multiple packs to how it is you connect the two batteries to the ESC if there is only a single connector from the 2 wires coming out of the ESC?
I am have not seen a setup in person where I could just look and see how it is done. Only thing I picked up is in those instances there is a loopback adapter you need to use when you only use one battery instead of two.
Are you mainly just like wiring it up in series kind of like what you could accomplish using a series wiring harness like this one?

so I plan on getting a kraton 6s v5 very soon.... but i have a mojave and I'm running the gensacearespammers 3s bashing 8000mah 100 c those battery provide plenty of punch and run time and they fit in the mojave or any 6S vehicle due to there small profile even though there 8000 mah.. totally worth the money

You need this series connector when using 2 3S packs. Pretty cheap from Amazon.

20210406_195322.jpg

You need this series connector when using 2 3S packs. Pretty cheap from Amazon.

View attachment 152667

Thanks for the link appreciate it

Cool so mainly it is just writing it up in series then. Wherever you are using a premade series writing harness or making the contractors and wiring yourself.

Is the loop back just to complete the circuit I assume if you only end up running 1 pack vice 2?

Thanks for the link appreciate it

Cool so mainly it is just writing it up in series then. Wherever you are using a premade series writing harness or making the contractors and wiring yourself.

Is the loop back just to complete the circuit I assume if you only end up running 1 pack vice 2?
Exactly! If you have the series cable and you want to run 3S you need the loop back.

I use this 6S battery in my Kraton EXB, great bang for the buck. https://www.ebay.com/itm/392319330601

I used to run dual 2S/3S batteries in my 4S/6S rigs, but once I tried single 4S/6S packs it's just easier to carry and put in one battery so I'm never going back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back