Kraton Kraton 6s BLX Servo issue/question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC_Noob

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I think the servo bit the dust (3rd run in) and was wondering if the Kraton 8s servo (Kraton 8S - Servo (steering S905 Spektrum 15t Arrma BLX 1/5 AR110002) would be a direct fit?

Here is a short video of what the servo was doing. I'm new to the Arrma world so if there is a way to resolve this im all ears! Or is this servo shot? Bought this new little over a month ago.

Here is a short video of what the servo was doing. I'm new to the Arrma world so if there is a way to resolve this im all ears! Or is this servo shot? Bought this new little over a month ago.

Yeah servo is smoked.. potentiometer is dead.. time to replace it.. alot of good options out there.. Amazon has many to choose from for budget prices..

Many, including me, run the DS3235 servo.👍
Was that a direct replacement fit?? I do a lot of high jump type bashing (into sand or grass) and tons of dirt type stuff. I don't mind paying a little extra if it means more durability, anything really in the sub $100 range would be my ideal budget for a servo.

Was that a direct replacement fit?? I do a lot of high jump type bashing (into sand or grass) and tons of dirt type stuff. I don't mind paying a little extra if it means more durability, anything really in the sub $100 range would be my ideal budget for a servo.
savox 1210sg waterproof I have 3 and not one has gone bad yet had them a few years (y)

Yes, direct fit. I recommend getting an aluminium servo housing from Amazon or Aliexpress to reduce play in the servo housing, especially with an upgraded servo (the stock servo is too weak).
https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-A...ds=aluminum+servo+mount&qid=1661753351&sr=8-7

I can't comment on other servo's, but the DS3225 (25KG), DS3230 (30KG), DS3235 (35KG) are pretty popular. Like @hobo menioned above also the Savox1210SG is popular. Depends on the budget really. I've also read the new DS3230 PRO is pretty good.
The DS32xx servo's come in red and blue; blue is 'waterproof'.

Powerhobby 729mbl is my go-to servo. Excellent torque and speed for under $100. High voltage, brushless motor, steel gears, waterproof.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1242558478...624&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

But there are a lot of options in the $50-$60 range that are excellent servos. You just need a standard size 1/8 scale servo, preferably with metal gears. The Pro Tech servo that you listed is a good servo but it is only a 6.0v servo and not very fast or much torque at 6v. BUT, it will be sufficient and WAY better than the stock servo.

Powerhobby has a few options in the $50 range. So does PowerHD or JX servos.

Last edited:
Ordered the

Savox SW-1210SG Waterproof Coreless Steel Gear Digital Servo + Glitch Buster

and

Hot Racing AON24M02 Aluminum Steering Servo Mount Arrma Kraton​

Any recommendations for an aluminum servo horn? I'm assuming it would be a 25t one.

Would something like this fit?

ProTek RC 100T Standard Digital "High Torque" Metal Gear Servo​

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...high-torque-metal-gear-servo-ptk-100t/p228478

Listed for $50 bucks on Amain and thinking of getting a 25t aluminum servo horn to go with that.
do not buy that servo it has significantly less torque than the stock and cant even make use of all the power the car puts out (only 6 volts). it would be like buying street tires for offroad use.

Ended up going with the Savox SW-1210SG one instead.
You would have been better off getting the Powerhobby 729mbl servo that I posted. Around the same price as the Savox but has significantly more torque and speed, plus the Powerhobby servo has a brushless motor as compared to a coreless motor on the Savox. Also, Savox servos are notorious for being power hungry servos. Hence the need for the "glitch buster"

You would have been better off getting the Powerhobby 729mbl servo that I posted. Around the same price as the Savox but has significantly more torque and speed, plus the Powerhobby servo has a brushless motor as compared to a coreless motor on the Savox. Also, Savox servos are notorious for being power hungry servos. Hence the need for the "glitch buster"
Yea I was torn between the 2 really, both of my buddies have a Savox type for a servo and they are both extreme bashers so I went with that. At least now I have another go to if the one I got fails haha.

I'm eyeballing this, would this be ideal for the new servo?

Hot Racing Arrma Kraton/Outcast Aluminum Fixed Link Steering w/25T Servo Arm

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back