Kraton 6s blx shock tower upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwbyup19781

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey gang hows everyone doing? I have a kraton 6s blx v5. Yesterday i had a friend walk me through on Facebook video chat on upgrading my front shock tower to an m2c shock tower bc i bent the stock one on my first run a week ago bc my steering was wandering to the right even when i wasnt on the steering wheel. Anyway. I got the upgraded m2c front tower on and the bottom of the shocks put back on but the top piece that goes over the shock (see picture) i cant figure out how it goes back on. My buddy had to go before i finished the upgrade and im at a total loss on how to get that final piece put back on. Anyone with a kraton 6s v5 that might be willing to assist with a walkthru or if someone could direct me to an exploded over view of that particular area it would be much appreciated. I.will worry about the steering wandering when i take care of this issue. Lol. There you can see the black roundish cover the nut and the plastic rod thing with the tiny spacer like piece in it. Figuring out that black rod and spacer piece on said rod like how it feeds in and in what order is my issue.
I am on facebook messenger my name on there is William Nutting. Its a picture of myself and my mother standing in front of a waterfall. Thank you in advance for any help or guidance anyone could offer. Ive done rc before when i was younger but never broken anything so never had to dismantle anything lol

20220520_003251.jpg

Starting with what you have in the picture: Take the nut off the end and the screw out of the standoff (black internally threaded bit). Screw goes through the tower from the back. Place a drop of blue threadlocker on the screw 5 or so threads up from the end, then thread the standoff onto the screw with the hex closest to the tower and tighten until it's snug. Place the pivot ball (bit that looks like a short, flared out thin wall tube) in the hole in the top of the shock cap, and the plastic cap cover over the top of the shock cap (look at the rear shocks for reference) and hold them in place to keep the holes aligned. Slide this assembly over the smooth cylindrical part of the standoff. Finally, thread on the locknut and tighten to keep everything in place.

Starting with what you have in the picture: Take the nut off the end and the screw out of the standoff (black internally threaded bit). Screw goes through the tower from the back. Place a drop of blue threadlocker on the screw 5 or so threads up from the end, then thread the standoff onto the screw with the hex closest to the tower and tighten until it's snug. Place the pivot ball (bit that looks like a short, flared out thin wall tube) in the hole in the top of the shock cap, and the plastic cap cover over the top of the shock cap (look at the rear shocks for reference) and hold them in place to keep the holes aligned. Slide this assembly over the smooth cylindrical part of the standoff. Finally, thread on the locknut and tighten to keep everything in place.
This is helping i am sitting at my kitchen table working on it now as i write this but i have two questions see the m2c front tower in my attached pic. Is the tower facing the right way? My buddy in west Virginia says it is but im not 100 percent sure. And does the same steps apply for replacing the rear shock tower? Minus taking off the wing of course

16530573724114373505266424109851.jpg

16530574037665593922977759927616.jpg

16530574299477080745103804720770.jpg

Is that what your saying on how to start it off synchronicity?

16530586156906762935719193809444.jpg

M2c makes ones that bullet proof

The stock and exb break's like nothing

I have those m2c and the are great, holding up so farView attachment 218730
They look nice too. Im still working on the fronts lol. Depending on how im feeling later i may do the back tower too.
This is helping i am sitting at my kitchen table working on it now as i write this but i have two questions see the m2c front tower in my attached pic. Is the tower facing the right way? My buddy in west Virginia says it is but im not 100 percent sure. And does the same steps apply for replacing the rear shock tower? Minus taking off the wing of course

View attachment 218774

View attachment 218775

View attachment 218776
Idk why but the shock stand off looks weird to me. It looks backwards. Do i have it backwards or is that the proper way to place it

Attachments

• 16530591722844635513219104078178.jpg
    16530591722844635513219104078178.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Ok so how does the shock cap protector fit on there? Im assuming i need to take something off to get the cap protector on?

Well yall the good news is i got the front shock tower and shocks mounted. Now my issue is the posts wont line up with the front end of the body so i can clip it down. Ive tried loosening the posts and lining them up with the holes but then the screws wont go back into the posts bc the screws and posts don't line up when i try that. Any ideas guys or gals?

16530683951006428409654200191109.jpg

1653068415684859017186922459770.jpg

16530684394365390403830200238296.jpg

Seriously? Lmfao im an idiot lol. Also i noticed in my toolbox i have alot of parts from m2c. One of them being the shock stand off upgrade. Do you think itd be a good idea to change the stock ones out now and just put in the m2c upgraded stand off kit or should i wait? Btw man thank you for all your help.

Can't say I haven't done the same thing with the posts while not paying attention, lol.

On the standoffs, the M2C uses a larger diameter threaded rod which will be less prone to shearing off. I have only broken one stock upper shock bolt that I recall and it was a severe crash. The bolt may have acted as a shear pin and prevented more severe damage to the shock and tower, so I hesitate to say definitely upgrade now. I would run it with the setup you just painstakingly assembled and see how it goes, then install the M2C parts if needed.

Dude i cant believe you were right on the money about the front posts lmfao. Damn genius you are lol. Thanks alot for that much needed help. And ok i will test it out and see how it handles before adding the m2c standoffs. Would it be ok if i looked ya up on Facebook?
Can't say I haven't done the same thing with the posts while not paying attention, lol.

On the standoffs, the M2C uses a larger diameter threaded rod which will be less prone to shearing off. I have only broken one stock upper shock bolt that I recall and it was a severe crash. The bolt may have acted as a shear pin and prevented more severe damage to the shock and tower, so I hesitate to say definitely upgrade now. I would run it with the setup you just painstakingly assembled and see how it goes, then install the M2C parts if needed.
Even managed to upgrade the front bumper to an rpm bc i ripped the stock one off and broke the top of the roll tower when i drove under a car without the body on lol. Im waiting on the roll tower to come so i can put that back on but until then she'll run fine without it

Attachments

• 16530700359791272061197761495808.jpg
    16530700359791272061197761495808.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 44
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back