Kraton Kraton 6s BLX V5 Motor Mesh Screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC_Noob

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
As im venturing to replace some bearings on the motor, I noticed that the screws to tighten the mesh seem pretty cheap and feel like im bound to strip at some point. According to the explody they are the ARA727412 - Button Head Screw Flanged M4x18mm (4).

For the life of me I cannot remember where a while ago watching a video, or read that some people were upgrading those to better ones. I would prefer some stainless steel ones, but has anyone upgraded those ones for better ones?

Yeah best to get the "Socket Head" screws. M4's. They are 3mm Hexed versus the Button head 2.5 mm Hex. Socket heads have a deeper hex as well. Always use Blue Thread locker on these screws. Don't flood the threads with TL . Just a drop at the last 4 threads or so. Then let it cure for a day. Use a torch or heat before loosening them again.
These are much needed upgrade screws out the box when new. I have had brand new stocker screws strip out. Many of them. A Dremel with cutting wheel, then a torch, and Flat Head screwdriver will get out the stripped ones.

Last edited:
Yea def heat em up real good before trying to remove the stockers. Mine stripped out and some heat and good pair of flat nose vice grips got it out quickly. But go to your local hobby store and grab 4 x 18mm socket cap replacements.

20230113_151257.jpg

Interesting, I have already on hand some M4x16 and M4x20 stainless steel ones from a kit I bought a while ago. Probably try out the M4x20 and use some washers to shorten it up some, or do you guys the the M4x16 is long enough?

Interesting, I have already on hand some M4x16 and M4x20 stainless steel ones from a kit I bought a while ago. Probably try out the M4x20 and use some washers to shorten it up some, or do you guys the the M4x16 is long enough?
The M16 should be long enough for now. Maybe change em out later. The 20 might stick up to far and hit the center diff cover if it's still stock.

Yea the M20s were a bit long, but the M16 ones fit perfectly.

M4 x 16mm long is ok. And with a washer. 20mm is too long IMHO.
I was trying to find Torx socket head M4's. Best IMHO. Using a T-20 driver.

I found M4 x16's at The Home Depot. 2 packs. 12.9 Grade Socket heads. (0.7 thread metric pitch/3mm Hex head) (y)(y) They were cheap. Under $2.00/pair. Made in Taiwan, not China. (y):giggle:
At LHS's , these can get stupid expensive. $6-7. a pair. Usually they are Dubro brand at a LHS. And not always 12.9 grade steel.

16mm is just right.

I still say an M4x16mm Torx Head socket screw, using a T-20 Torx driver is the best. Stronger than any 3mm Hex drive screw when using a Threadlocker.
Torx is designed for high torquing without stripping. Need to find them online. McMaster Carr should have them. Probably not cheap either.

20230116_182728.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back