Kraton Kraton 6s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I haven’t really needed those fans yet with stock gearing and outside temperatures. So I connected then to a control switch so I can switch both fans on/off by pressing CH3 on the remote.👍

Yeah same here. Using two channels to control fans. Did a bit of an overkill because I plan to trial and error pinions
and motors over spring/summer. Not sure what to expect heatwise but might be ready for it lol.
20210312_081520.jpg
20210312_081617.jpg

Guys would Flex Seal work? It’s dries hard. fiberglass & spray??🤔
FlexSeal doesn't dry hard. It remains flexible.

Yeah same here. Using two channels to control fans. Did a bit of an overkill because I plan to trial and error pinions
and motors over spring/summer. Not sure what to expect heatwise but might be ready for it lol.View attachment 131609View attachment 131610

FlexSeal doesn't dry hard. It remains flexible.
I just coated a drain when I redid bathroom and it dried like a hard rubber. Would think with mesh & flex could add some integrity to thin weak bodies. I have a can maybe I’ll try.

I just coated a drain when I redid bathroom and it dried like a hard rubber. Would think with mesh & flex could add some integrity to thin weak bodies. I have a can maybe I’ll try.
It will feel like whatever surface it's applied to. Best way to know is to cut a small piece of it from your repair and inspect. You will find it pliable(flexible). But like all rubberized products, it will become brittle sooner or later due to heat or cold temperatures.

Very cool build and I love the details. Gave me some great ideas like painting the letters on the tires. I hope my hands are steady enough to do as good a job as you did on yours :)

Very cool build and I love the details. Gave me some great ideas like painting the letters on the tires. I hope my hands are steady enough to do as good a job as you did on yours :)
Paint tip: use an Exacto blade to scrape away paint flaws.😉

Paint tip: use an Exacto blade to scrape away paint flaws.😉

I just tried one tire as a test. I had a Duplicolor brand white tire paint pen from a previous project. It came out "OK". Looks great at anything more than two feet, but closer than that and the paint is a bit blotchy, not terrible, but noticeable. The pen is 5 years old so maybe too old. I'll try a newer one maybe from Sharpie or something with a finer tip.

Good tip on the Xacto blade, I used a tooth pick :)

Another thing done on the list: wheels.
Decided to keep the stock wheels, but found them a bit boring. Colored the lettering white, Arrma logo red, and bolts silver.
View attachment 104654
How do you paint the letters??
Installed roof protectors and started with some lights.
Not sure whether to go for the normal angel eyes style or to make them more agressive (more BMW style) ?
Leaning towards the BMW style, but depends with the look/visibility when I install the other lights (fog/search lights).
View attachment 107802View attachment 107803
Also wanted to know where you got your roof protector from?

@Sandracer_NL how'd you run your light wiring?

Also, my painted letters didn't last long out bashing LOL.
Lights are running from receiver. Depending on how powerful the lights are you can use an Y-splitter to run two or three lights from one channel, but since I like to switch the different lights on/off from the transmitter using an control switch, I use channels 3, 4 and 5 to turn on/off lights. DumboRC receivers can now be had with that control switch function already built in the receiver in channels 3 and 4.👍

@Sandracer_NL nice. You do such clean work I'm actually looking for ideas on how to neatly run the wires through the body.
I don’t have the Kraton anymore, traded it for a Mojave, and don’t have pictures of the wiring job🙄.
I drilled holes for the lights and secured them with hot glue. Most of the wiring I covered with fiber tape and rubber (flex) seal I also used to reinforce the body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back