Kraton Kraton 6s center diff. Am I missing a washer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Swapping out bearings and changing fluids on my brand new Kraton 6s and noticed the center diff looks like its missing the washer that covers the o-ring. This is how it was when I opened it. Center on left. Rear with washer on right. Just want to verify Im missing that washer. Thanks
20201010_073422_copy_1451x855.jpg

Yep! That o-ring should be covered by a shim

Instead of the OEM shims anyway, use the Mugen Seiki shims instead, part #E0206

Does the Mugen kit come with all the shims Ill need if I buy one? And whats the difference with these vs stock?

yes - it should come with six large shims that go under each of the sun gears and 12 small shims that go behind each planetary gear.

the sun gear shims are large in diameter and will cover completely behind the sun gear - also seem to be of higher quality than the factory shims

Does the Mugen kit come with all the shims Ill need if I buy one?
Yes it does:

x6 planetary shims (2 for each of the 3 diffs)
x12 satellite shims (4 for each of the 3 diffs)

The stock satellite shims are okay to keep in though so you can keep the Mugen ones as spares

However it may be a good idea to get at least 2 packs as they can be a bit tricky to get hold of. They're fairly sought after

Yep! That o-ring should be covered by a shim

Instead of the OEM shims anyway, use the Mugen Seiki shims instead, part #E0206

OK. I ordered the last set of the Mugens I saw on Amazon. Should be here on the 13th. I also ordered some stock ones too just in case. I guess with all the possible things that can be wrong in an RTR its not bad thats its only missing a washer. It wasnt leaking anywhere either. And although I did run into some parts that needed a soldering iron to loosen the overdone thread lock I was able to get the entire truck apart with no stripping screws or any broken parts. Shocks were built perfect so I don't need to even touch those. But once I have the washers I need Ill be filling the diffs with 60K F, 200K C, and 30K R.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back