Kraton 6s chassis swap

FlyingDutchman1017

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, BigRock, BigRock 4x4, Fazon, Granite, Infraction, Limitless, Kraton 8S, Kraton 6s, Kraton 4s, Mojave, Nero, Notorious, Outcast 6s, Outcast 4s, Senton, Talion, Typhon 6s, Typhon 3s, Voltage
hey guys was just wondering if there was any walk throughs or some tips and tricks to swap out my chassis on v4 kraton with a m2c chassis. I know its pretty self explanatory, move everything over. But just want to know how some of you did it. Thanx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton 6s
I haven't done a chassis swap yet. My M2C chassis is somewhere in transit.

This video here gives some pointers:

The cardboard trick to keep track of where every screw goes is interesting. Not sure I will use it, as it seems to me it shouldn't be too hard keeping track of the screws if you are swapping section by section. I guess I'll find out when'll do the swap.

My strategy would be (in order):
- Chassis braces
- Motor + center diff
- Electronics and battery tray
- Rear end
- Front end
- Side guards

Maybe someone used to do this will have comments on this strategy for the chassis swap.

bicketybam

RC Grand Champion
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Granite, Infraction, Kraton 8S, Kraton 6s, Kraton 4s, Mojave, Notorious, Talion, Typhon 6s
I haven't done a chassis swap yet. My M2C chassis is somewhere in transit.

This video here gives some pointers:

The cardboard trick to keep track of where every screw goes is interesting. Not sure I will use it, as it seems to me it shouldn't be too hard keeping track of the screws if you are swapping section by section. I guess I'll find out when'll do the swap.

My strategy would be (in order):
- Chassis braces
- Motor + center diff
- Electronics and battery tray
- Rear end
- Front end
- Side guards

Maybe someone used to do this will have comments on this strategy for the chassis swap.
Leave the chassis braces somewhat lose. It will make it easier to get the top part installed on each end. Then you can tighten up the end that goes to the chassis.

Don't forget the center dogbones. I know from experience 😅

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Staff member
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Senton, Typhon 3s
Leave the chassis braces somewhat lose. It will make it easier to get the top part installed on each end. Then you can tighten up the end that goes to the chassis.

If I had a nickle for every time I've done that. My Lc Racing mini had it completely put back together and the top plate all bolted and thread locked to the steering posts and motor mount and then I saw the center driveshaft sitting under my toolbox lid 🤦‍♂️

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Staff member
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
hey guys was just wondering if there was any walk throughs or some tips and tricks to swap out my chassis on v4 kraton with a m2c chassis. I know its pretty self explanatory, move everything over. But just want to know how some of you did it. Thanx
Btw I can still help ya swap that stuff over if you still need a hand.

Batman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 8S
I did a chassis swap on my Kraton 8s to the Just Bash It RC chassis and did 1 thing at a time, that way theres far less chance of forgetting wherr anything goes and just tidier imo.

bicketybam

RC Grand Champion
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Granite, Infraction, Kraton 8S, Kraton 6s, Kraton 4s, Mojave, Notorious, Talion, Typhon 6s
I did a chassis swap on my Kraton 8s to the Just Bash It RC chassis and did 1 thing at a time, that way theres far less chance of forgetting wherr anything goes and just tidier imo.
That's the best way. It took me a while to get to the point where I could just strip everything before I reassembled. And sometimes I still take pictures along the way.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Staff member
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
That's the best way. It took me a while to get to the point where I could just strip everything before I reassembled. And sometimes I still take pictures along the way.
I sometimes have to bust the manual back out so I can remember what screw went were.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton 6s

Can you guess what I forgot? Yep, that's right...the center dogbone when I installed the rear! :ROFLMAO:

At the very beginning of the swap, I thought about your recommendation. Everything was going super well and I was thinking "Cool, I'm pretty good at this!" Then, just after fastening the last screw of the rear end, I realized. 🤦‍♂️

bicketybam

RC Grand Champion
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Can you guess what I forgot? Yep, that's right...the center dogbone when I installed the rear! :ROFLMAO:

At the very beginning of the swap, I thought about your recommendation. Everything was going super well and I was thinking "Cool, I'm pretty good at this!" Then, just after fastening the last screw of the rear end, I realized. 🤦‍♂️
It happens to the best of us 😅

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Staff member
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's

Every time I do one of mine. I've forgotten the rear dog bones once when servicing my diffs.

Spaz04

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s
Im waiting for something to break that I don't have parts for to start my chassis swap
I'm about to swap my chassis as well on my v4 kraton and was wondering if u plan to continue using the t2t after the swap?

Outcastblxnut

🤜🏼 Arrma addict 🤛🏼
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Kraton 4s, Outcast 6s, Talion, Typhon 3s
Im waiting for something to break that I don't have parts for to start my chassis swap
I'm about to swap my chassis as well on my v4 kraton and was wondering if u plan to continue using the t2t after the swap?
I still use mine just to keep the battery cables outta the spur gear

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.